The term "backdooring"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I8C SRS FACE

03-25-2010

I thought it was used just when someone attacked a tower when they didn't have a creep wave around, but people seem to throw it around to mean "someone is attacking our tower instead of focusing on the 5 of us that are failing at pushing their inhibitor turrets" just so they have something to complain about.

Every time I see a Twisted Fate get accused of backdooring, he usually ports in to whatever turret when their team happened to have a huge creep wave due to neglect of that lane on both team's parts (you know it happens.) That is not backdooring. Don't call it backdooring, because it is avoidable if you have someone push back enemy creep waves every so often in each lane.

Also, I don't consider it "backdooring" if an entire team happens to be in a lane, all their creeps die, the fight cools off a second as the attacking team retreats into the forest and then they come back out while having one of their heroes just tank the tower as the defending team disperses. Call me crazy, but I consider that good tactics and it's really hard to pull off against good teams.

I am just a little tired of people throwing the term "backdoor" around without understanding what it implies. It feels more like an excuse to fail on their part, blaming something preventable.

Fallen 62

03-25-2010

Pretty much spot on, IMHO. Backdoor = no creeps around the tower. That's pretty much it in my book.

tehDevil

03-25-2010

Is backdooring even that much of an issue anymore (outside of a few heroes)?

I know in DotA backdooring was extremely frowned upon, but that's because until recently there was no protection against it. But now in DotA as well as LoL backdoored turrets take less damage and deal more, so I just don't think it matters much.

If anything just make the backdoor turret damage/armor bonus higher with this new influx of backdoor capable teleporting chars

lain777

03-25-2010

Backdoor is a legal strategy, nuff said. it doesnt even matter what is consider backdoor.

Yana

03-25-2010

Backdoor in dota was only frowned upon in pubs. It's a completely legit higher level strat. And yes, there has always been a wonderful anti-bd tactic in place, scrolls of TP.

áli

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2010

In my book it's you vs the tower it's self with no creeps, but anyways with or without the creeps the tower is still ****ed...

MrTheZebra

03-25-2010

I take backdooring to mean the same thing as it does in basketball. Going behind someone while they aren't looking.

This includes when there's a creep wave. If my team is taking another team top lane 4v5 and I push bot lane to the inhib while they aren't paying enough attention, that's backdooring.

I don't consider a hero soloing a tower to be backdooring, because there's nothing you can do about it if you don't have a teleport on your team. There's no strategy involved (ie getting the other team distracted).

In my version backdooring is completely fair and viable. It's the other stuff that gets people annoyed.

Zetsui

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yana View Post
Backdoor in dota was only frowned upon in pubs. It's a completely legit higher level strat. And yes, there has always been a wonderful anti-bd tactic in place, scrolls of TP.
it being frowned upon in DotA and being ok here can be the seen in the same sense as playing poker with and without money

if no money is involved and people are playing like idiots it shortens the game and wasting my time, im their for a challenge not a laugh

if money is involved the odds of them winning with stupidity is small and if they want to hand me their money in 5 mins or an hour i dont care as long as i win

dota and lol is the same thing

in DotA i played to get a decent game and if someone ends it by backdooring their ending the game in a cheap fashion in what could have been good challenge, hell id prefer to lose over a half hour game then win cuz two of their people left and we stomped them

in LoL I don't care how i win so long as i win, my stats are recorded, my ELO is raised or lowered, my winning or losing decides how much IP i get, and i see the same as the other team, so when they bd they are doing whatever it takes to win and i can respect that since id do the same

SlyGoat

03-25-2010

Backdooring pisses me off if it's a well built Pantheon or TF, especially Pantheon/TF in combination with Shen.

New TF basically just needs last whisper, rageblade and a chainmail to kill your inhibitor turrets from full HP now. Having both his pick a card AND stacked deck work against turrets is just absurd imho. Pantheon's passive blocking turrets is fine except when he has enough attack speed to block 50% of the turret's shots and can tank one down from full HP. The fact that these two heroes have some of the best turret killing mechanics in the game AND global teleports makes it a ***** and a half to try and push or do nashor or anything like that against them.

IMHO they should remove your ability to teleport into the enemy's base unless you have allies there. It worked for Furion in DotA and he was barely as good at knocking down towers/barrracks as TF and Panth are.

Any other backdooring is pretty easily counterable and sometimes the best/only way to break a stalemate.

Suru

03-25-2010

I consider it backdooring when I HP build Yi, and can solo a turret at level 11 or 12 without the minion wave, coupled with teleport and ghost.