Last hitting - How important is it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narvuntien

06-02-2011

I'll use the examples I used in the last thread.

Swain.... passive: mana from last hits... Swain mana hungry... more Last hits = more harass.

W is An AoE but it has the longest cooldown of all his skills, using it on enemy hero's is better than using it on minions...you need it to close gaps for your other abilities and to escape. His ulti hits random minions and you can burn a lot of mana trying to use it to take out minion waves.

If you only last hit as Swain.. you use your skill exclusively to harass enemy champions away from the minions whille regaining mana and gaining gold.

I learnt to last hit by playing Swain.

Leblanc
Needs all her skills ready to go at the right time... she cannot waste a cooldown... W is her escape and critical to her kill combos, using it to clear minion waves is a bad idea..... Leblanc has no trouble killing enemies but what if your opponent actually knows what they are doing and don't die to you.... what are you going to do now?.... nothing it is GG.. your team is playing 4 v 5... but if you took the time to last hit while abilities were on cooldown or opportunities didn't present themselves you can keep your opponents b'ing back to the shrine with your ability damage whilst at the same time gaining a gold advantage despite their better farming abilities.... The difference between a faceroller Leblanc and an Actually good one is their minion kill count provided they aren't using W to get it. If the enemy teams mid Leblanc has a CS that is better than the rest of his team be afraid.

There are champs that will push a lane and harass at the same time... Malz's E is great and should be used to farm, but he better use some of that for wards.

Kats Q is great harass and farm from distance. I see no reason not to use it particularly when you have a short cooldown flash for escapes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

freakigod

06-02-2011

Basically, there's no reason to not last hit. Last hitting doesn't have to mean only hitting the minion once, auto attacking and timing the final hit to get the kill is last hitting. There's a tactic for pushing that was used in dota (most aoe spells didn't insta kill). When pushing a lane you damage all the minions down to 1 shot range and before any of them get killed by your own minions you cast the aoe.

So it's pretty necessary if a person wants to do everything they can to win, plus it's fun like whack a mole