[Guide] My Shen build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gakule

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2010

So, this is my first post on these forums, not to mention my first guide. I will update it as I go along, so please bear with me.

Skill priorities: R > Q > E > W

I myself don't use his self only shield THAT often. I pop it in the middle of a team battle, but that's about it. Spamming Vorpal Blade = win.

Item build:
1) Boots -> Berserker Boots
2) Phage -> Frozen Mallet
3) Atma's Impaler

After Atma's, it's kind of a toss up. I've found that with Shen, I REALLY don't need more health than that. I haven't died in the past 4 games. Granted, health synergizes more with his passive, so usually I go:

4) Warmogs
5) Phantom Dancer
6) Phantom Dancer (good luck getting this far)

Often times I don't make it past Atma's Impaler.

With Frozen Mallet / Vorpal Blade / Dash, you can easily chase down enemies and kill them very quickly. I find attack speed to be just as beneficial as health, even more so if you have Atma's Impaler.

A couple little tricks:

- You can dash through things, such as to baron, or through the ramp in the rivers.
- Self shield before channeling the ultimate, it will easily absorb enough damage for you to take barely any at all.
- When you start to channel, have the person you are channeling to rush to an enemy (especially if your ally has a stun or slow) for an easy gank.
- The shield is also especially useful if you have a huge gank coming, or find yourself in the middle of one. Hit self shield - channel to someone far away. GG escapes.
- You do not NEED a target for dash, you can dash to get away from enemies faster. It has saved my ass plenty of times.

I will try and be more descriptive tomorrow at some point, and expand on this little "guide" even more. I'm tired and have work early in the morning.

FortuitusFortune

Master Recruiter

03-24-2010

Just a suggestion - but since most of shens damage is magic shouldn't you go with sorc boots instead?

Ganamors

03-24-2010

shen is mainly atk dmg isnt he?

SingleCell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2010

His passive is magic damage, so it's boosted by sorc.

gakule

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalis View Post
Just a suggestion - but since most of shens damage is magic shouldn't you go with sorc boots instead?
You are probably right, but I like the slight attack speed edge, and cheaper boots to Iet frozen mallet earlier.I'll urn the sorc boots and let you know if I find a huge difference.

PatMcGroyne

03-25-2010

At lvl 18 you wont have very much hp with just a mallet and atma's... You'd be better off buying a sunfire cape because it will give you more DPS than atma's lol

PatMcGroyne

03-25-2010

Shen might have an AoE taunt but rammus has better DPS and he farms better... Sure shen can last hit every creep but your atk speed is slow and your lane mate always robs you blind because they are usually the carry which I have no problem with but rammus does damage from just being near creeps so he can farm up a lot better and because of his taunt length all the melee DPS'ers are scared to harass him because they will die.

gakule

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcGroyne View Post
At lvl 18 you wont have very much hp with just a mallet and atma's... You'd be better off buying a sunfire cape because it will give you more DPS than atma's lol
Uh.. if you end up getting to 18 you should be buying a warmogs. More hp is more damage with shen. Especially with atma's. Maybe you should read the entire guide. Also, I pick up attack speed because of his slower attack speed.

Please learn to read, as well as play shen before commenting, as you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.