The one change to finish the Heimerdinger Remake

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ibplunderin

03-24-2010

The one change to complete Heimerdinger's remake and make him a great, viable, balanced champion, is to have his turrets get the Tower AI implemented into them.

Currently the only reason his turrets seem useless sometimes, is because they are. They will just sit there in a team fight attacking a creep instead of helping out.

Having your turrets attack whatever, then switch to attack a champion that attacks you or an ally (or only you at the very least) would not only make his turrets better, but also make his ult not such a lucky ability to get off, since in a team fight it will be a more reliable slow.

I play Heimer a lot, and think this is the only thing left to make him perfect. (not super high tier, but balanced and viable at least)

Xj6

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2010

Yeah, I use Heimer as a second main (25 wins, 14 loses) and his remake is very good. If there was a way to make the turrets attack the champs, that would be very usefull.

Craixis

03-24-2010

Turrets hurt... ;.;
But yeah, he's actually kinda scary now, and with the micro rocket remake its actually kinda fun to fight him (I can now hide behind minions without fear )
The change with upgrade is kinda nifty too, I nearly shat myself when I saw two turrets instantly turn blue and start firing at me...
The only issue making them instantly target champs is that it makes them too OPed, you can't counter it, because they deal a bar of damage per shot (atleast they were when I saw Warwick try to run down mid to our tower and nearly get killed by 3 of the little buggers)

Nykidemus

03-25-2010

Really they should just always target champs over trash, imo. Especially now that there are so few of them.

T a e

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

03-25-2010

I agree on Turret AI implementation on heimer's turrets

Nykidemus

03-26-2010

The thing is, in a team fight the turrets die to random AoE in seconds, you cant focus them on anyone, and they'll prioritize trash or towers or whatever over the guy you're trying to burst down, which means that heimer's only contribution to a "Hey, kill the rat before he wrecks all of us" strategy is Grenade and wrench, and admitted, grenade is decent, but it's still fairly easy to miss with. I feel like in a team fight turrets just dont measure up.

On that note, rather than the current ult - Slow on hit and healed to full - UPGRADE should act just like Fortify does on real turrets. 4-5 seconds of invulnerability and 50% attack speed increase. This at the very least means that they dont get killed in 1 shot by random AoEs.

IntFam

03-26-2010

Honestly, I like the way they work now. I often use turrets to push down tower turrets and inhibitors in a hurry, especially late game. In a situation where the other team is defending fervently, it would make it exponentially harder for my turrets to burn down buildings because they'd go for champs (especially tough if the other team is tank heavy.)

Pissfer

03-26-2010

@ Craix - they would only focus fire you if you attack Heimer, and if you want to dive 3 of his turrets, that's your own problem. I think that the turrets should be given the same AI as large turrets, especially since that shouldn't be too hard to implement