Compilation of Tribunal upgrades:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeeGod

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2011

2 more ideas that I believe would make us have a better "view" to what happened on the game, since LoL do not have replays yet.

The first one is really simple: when reviewing a case, you should be able to put a simple comment on why you pardoned or punished the player, and see these comments from other reviewers(no need to show names). This would be helpful to other reviewers to judge the same case.

The second one reffers to players that go AFK, or keep connecting and disconnecting. We have a Time Played on Statistics, but we do not have the Total Game Time there, so we don't know if the player just reconnected in the end of game or what. So, a Total Game Time statistic would be really helpful, and I think Riot already keep this data, so it's kinda easy to implement.

Dickwondo

06-14-2011

Prompt reward distribution or just remove it altogether, and if keeping it, at least raise it to ~10 IP per case. There have been quite a few times this week where all I needed was a little IP from the tribunal to buy me my last tier 3 rune to complete a page or something along those lines.

It's Monday. And I still haven't gotten my IP. Yes, I'm cleaning up the community, blah blah, shouldn't be doing it for the rewards, but I'm doing it for both, so get over it. I clicked punish on the offenders, now give me my reward for my correct rulings.

Totaltrash

06-15-2011

I know this is not likely to happen but IDEALLY, I would like to watch the entire game, especially for some cases of intentional feeding.
I simply do not trust the K/D/A records alone.

I had one tribunal case, where the offender was 1/10/1 and another where the offender was 12/9/5.

From what I gathered, the first case was just a bad player probably matched into a higher level game.
But the second case was a rager who decided to feed mid-way through the game because he hated his team.

I would have liked to watch both games, to make sure I get the punishment/pardon correct.

TheRazoth

06-15-2011

Another Suggestion:

A check box system that would allow us to indicate which game(s) we see offenses in (only allowed to mark those games viewed) as well as which offenses we saw.

I recommend check boxes (over just a generic comments box) because that would make it much easier on the back end to observe reporting patterns (ie. only ever checks one game) as well as saving the time for the riot reviewer in punish cases from having to sift through the 6 games where nothing particularly bad happened.

Also can we get this or a similar thread stickied so that we don't keep seeing all the same suggestions reposted?

ICantPauseMom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2011

They should NOT allow everyone to do tribunals because anybody can just Punish everyone without even reading just for the reward, the tribunal should have some requirements, like not been banned for over a month, at least done one RP payment, at least played 5 ranked games and so on, so not any random troll can just get on it and get people banned.

TheRazoth

06-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWithNoHeart View Post
They should NOT allow everyone to do tribunals because anybody can just Punish everyone without even reading just for the reward, the tribunal should have some requirements, like not been banned for over a month, at least done one RP payment, at least played 5 ranked games and so on, so not any random troll can just get on it and get people banned.
Stated requirements are that you have to be level 30 and cannot have been banned. Trolls also cannot "just get people banned" since all of the tribunal bans are done by hand.

ICantPauseMom

06-15-2011

Have you seen how many trolls are level 30? ... I know they have some requirements, but they're not really anything hard to obtain.

Grukasa

06-15-2011

Bumped for truth.

To ensure that my post contains actual content, I reiterate what I feel will most effectively deter autopunishing:

Adjust the amount of IP gained based on how "trustworthy" the voter is.

The closer your votes are to Riots' final decision, the more IP you'll get, up to a cap of... let's say 10 IP per correct vote. Likewise, you will lose IP when you vote "wrong". Obviously, the person should know how accurately they are considered to be voting.

Nucleotyde

06-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grukasa View Post
Bumped for truth.

To ensure that my post contains actual content, I reiterate what I feel will most effectively deter autopunishing:

Adjust the amount of IP gained based on how "trustworthy" the voter is.

The closer your votes are to Riots' final decision, the more IP you'll get, up to a cap of... let's say 10 IP per correct vote. Likewise, you will lose IP when you vote "wrong". Obviously, the person should know how accurately they are considered to be voting.
I don't like the idea of losing IP. I had a case earlier that was pretty hard to decide, and there's a good chance that I was "wrong." If it's close, and I'm sure they'll get closer, I shouldn't be punished just because I disagreed.

I like the idea of rewarding trustworthiness though. I think that over time, players who judge correctly often and judge a large number of players should begin to get more IP.

Also, I don't like the one minute time limit. The time limit is far too short to prevent people from abusing the system because you can't possibly judge the case thoroughly in that amount of time. At least make people look at all the games before they can vote.

Olera144

06-15-2011

Increasing the timer will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to deter people from auto punishing. If you're going to autopunish you don't have to sit at the screen and wait for a minute you can do something else and come back once the timer is done.