Compilation of Tribunal upgrades:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ayuchii

06-05-2011

5 ip per case s realy low
i woluld find it more rewarding fir we got even 2 rp per case
that means in 195 cases corectly solved u can buy a 390 skin
that means 19 days , it say its quite fair

Orion69

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighstagazi View Post
So many bad ideas. I will try to explain why these not only will not be implemented, but should not be implemented. There are some good ones too, but mostly terrible, terrible ideas >_<

Good ideas:
- Summoner spells
- Disconnect/reconnect timestamps

Reasonably useful ideas:
- Death times
- Game type
- Pre- and Post-game chat

Bad ideas:
- Comment box for Riot to read.
No, Riot does not want to read our comments on every single game. There's already a comment box for the in-game reporting tool, they don't need to multiply the volume of data when they send the cases through crowdsourcing. The CS agents aren't idiots, and they'll be getting paid to do this. They can figure out when someone is falsely accused over the course of hundreds of games.

- Show summoner level
What does this have to do with anything? The Tribunal very specifically says it is not for punishing bad play. It shouldn't matter if you're level 1 or level 30, it is not acceptable to rage, afk, feed, leave, or throw racial slurs around. Summoner level has nothing to do with it, and only encourages bias in the review.

- Show all players KDA/build
- View all players total games played, and specific win/loss records.
Again, this has nothing to do with it. You are not judging the entire game. You are judging the specific player in question. Unacceptable behavior is unacceptable all the time. Even if someone is getting trolled, they should keep control of themselves. If they _occassionally_ lose control, then they will be _occassionally_ punished. The system not only takes a while to ramp up severity of punishments, but it also ramps back down if you go for time between incidents.

If a case is really borderline, you can already see the chat from all players. It's not like the trolling player won't get called on it, and if he ISN'T trolling, won't be defended by at least one other player.

- Allow reviewers to report other players
So very much "no" to this. It isn't like you are limited to reporting only one player after a game, you can report all nine if you want. Let those other cases worry about themselves. Instead, focus on this case. Even if it wasn't a technical nightmare to implement, and even more problematic for falsified reports, it shouldn't be implemented to keep you focused on what matters: the person on trial.

- Name change voting button
This would be nothing but obnoxious UI clutter. The Tribunal already don't give us users with primary reports of "bad play". Do you think they can't filter "reported for offensive name" + punish to it's own bin? Just vote punish, let the tech in the background filter it to the right bin. Make sure you report for the correct category in-game, but I'm sure there's enough people who do this to get it flagged anyway.

- Multiple types of punishment voting
Again, UI clutter. The harshest offenses will be reported the most often, and found guilty most readily. It won't ban someone for hate speech the first time around, but the system is built around two tenets: everyone deserves a second chance (which is why the first round is a warning), and judgement is not instantaneous. Reports are gathered, cases are queued up, and then eventually judged. Extreme cases will have more time to dig a deeper hole for themselves, so to speak. If it's punishable, hit punish. You don't need to vote severity any more than you need to know if a user has been warned or suspended already. Let the CS agents and the system sort that part out.

- Who is premade vs who isn't
Do you think that a single person is getting picked on regularly by multiple premades over time? Even if that initial criteria is met, do you think that person _only_ behaves that way when a premade is picking on them? I don't. Even if it THAT criteria is true, there is no reason for them (repeatedly over the course of many games) to rage/feed/etc just because people are picking on them. Keep your cool, and report them for inciting you after the match. Let the tribunal sort out those other people after the fact, like it's supposed to.

- Increasing the rewards
I see this one a lot. It's supposed to be a reward for doing unpleasant work, not payment to accelerate you in-game. If you don't like doing the Tribunal, or you find it boring, then don't do it. You can't complain about people "clicking through for their IP" and ask for increased IP rewards in the same breath, which I see a lot of in these threads. Making the IP a payment instead of a reward will only encourage the unwanted click-through behaviour. Let the people who want to do the Tribunal do it, and those who don't, don't.

- Increased voting power for high "correct" rates
I put this in the bad idea box because it's already implemented, just not this way, and implementing it this way because it would be TERRIBLE. Definitely the worst on the list.

If you often vote incorrectly, your tribunal access will be restricted until you get blocked out entirely. If you often vote correctly, your voting power will increase by virtue of having less competition for your vote. You don't need to have multiple votes, as that would make it harder for you to be wrong, further entrenching yourself as always voting correctly.
Thank you for replying/bumping the thread and I like your insight. This is, however, just a list of suggestions good or bad. If you have some, feel free to leave them. This isn't a thread meant for arguments sake or any other matter. Simply post something you think should be implemented and hopefully someone from riot will sticky and/or look at it. The only bad idea is the one not suggested.

innervation

06-06-2011

Bumping, this thread, or one like it, should be stickied.

I agree with everything Lighstagazi said with one exception: Multiple types of punishment voting. I think it is reasonable that the community, now more responsible for policing itself, get some input into what is most egregious to our sensibilities.

With every case i judge, I have a punishment in mind, but its very unfulfilling to think that this guy who is just spamming racial slurs in all caps in all chat for 0 reason for 12 straight games is going to get off with a warning. Yes, I understand the argument that if he keeps it up he will definitely get a harsher punishment, but serial game ruiners of the worst degree don't deserve second chances.

Orion69

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2011

Bump

Orion69

06-13-2011

Bump for stickies

llllIIIllll

06-13-2011

humpty bumpty

-Death timers that show kills/assists
-Post game graphs? to evaluate tanks, healers, dps etc
-Ability to punish any player in the game, not just the reported

Orion69

06-14-2011

@SPED. Thanks, I added ur graphs to evaluate up there. Just make sure we read through what's already listed though. Some things have already been mentioned.

SnafuFubar

06-14-2011

I agree with all of yours besides #1. Having Riot have to read through all our notes would put us right back at where we were before Tribunal with a backlog of cases and bans because they dont have time to read it all.

Orion69

06-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnafuFubar View Post
I agree with all of yours besides #1. Having Riot have to read through all our notes would put us right back at where we were before Tribunal with a backlog of cases and bans because they dont have time to read it all.
These all are just suggestions, good or bad. I'm pretty much relaying info from a variety of threads and consolidating them so that there isn't a new one made every 5 seconds. Also, the note reading is optional, not mandatory. They could possibly read one not and then make a decision. Really, how they implement any of these ideas are up to them. Thank you for bumping the thread, and don't forget to keep coming back.

AA247

06-14-2011

show allies ingame characters. So many times when ppl say hey yi ur #$@$ BR and I can't tell who is yi.