Shen - a new top tank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khajja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-25-2010

schleprock, you can taunt fiddle as he channels OR taunt him after he lands and drag him away from your team...

Sarpati

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khajja View Post
schleprock, you can taunt fiddle as he channels OR taunt him after he lands and drag him away from your team...
And don't forget to use Feint when you do that. It'll reduce quite a bit of damage from his ulti.

Jimmyjames

03-25-2010

hey Op. played VS you as well.
Was a good game.

Any way, I like shen. Hes got great board pressence. I think hes more of a Kayle then a tank. great support but just not "Tank" like Ali or Nassus, he can do a awesome support tank like kayle or hybrid Blitz.
So... whats Up with all the tanks though.. does Riot need to keep making tanks so people play them?

Sarpati

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjames View Post
hey Op. played VS you as well.
Was a good game.

Any way, I like shen. Hes got great board pressence. I think hes more of a Kayle then a tank. great support but just not "Tank" like Ali or Nassus, he can do a awesome support tank like kayle or hybrid Blitz.
So... whats Up with all the tanks though.. does Riot need to keep making tanks so people play them?
Why would Nasus make a better tank? He doesn't have a defensive ability other than his ulti healing him. He has a slow that screams support, same for his Q, and an aoe farming ability. Not to mention his passive and the fact that he doesn't have the base HP that Alistar does.

The fact that Shen has a taunt (a very good one at that) and 2 defensive abilities already make him a better tank than most. Add that on top of his HP = damage concept (Alistar doesn't need defensive items to tank, Shen doesn't need offensive items to deal damage) and... well you get the idea.