Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Who best babysits Tristana?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prince Lyon

06-01-2011

So, my friend who exclusively played Jarvan from 1-28 is now branching out, and wanted to start playing Tristana after seeing me pentakill two games in a row.

But, he sucks at last hitting, because he's always worried about opposing champions, harassing, etc.

So, I was wondering which character I should lane with him with in order to ensure he can get as much creep score as possible.

Thanks!

Forty Bass

Recruiter

06-01-2011

taric would be good. you can heal him and stun the enemy so he can run or get off free DPS.

FelixQc

06-01-2011

Soraka is also very good, nice heal that gives armor, some mana which he shouldn't need tho, a silence, all stuff to babysit a carry

Iron Tyrant

06-01-2011

I think Tristana is harder to play well than most give her credit for.
Sona would also be an excellent choice ( I am sensing a support trend here ) Sona can heal as well as buff, and has some decent damage output, plus I hear she is pretty easy to pick up

Something Snazzy

06-02-2011

Janna is pretty good babysitter as well.

JohnCataldo

06-02-2011

Taric is a great choice. Good CC helps a lot, both for offense and defense. Heals and armor aura help, of course.

Janna is good for CC and goes well with any physical DPS.

Overall I think someone with good CC is the best, more important than healing. Trist is pretty squishy, so against some champs there really wouldn't be time for much healing. Preventing the damage in the first place is better (or letting Trist do a lot of damage).

Nitrooble

06-02-2011

Id say Mordekaiser, but you would also want farm. Mordekaiser is very scary in a game and often people aren't too ballsy to go into him. You could xp lock them while he gets creeps but you would miss out on important farm. The best way probably, is to convince him to last hit. Tristana has one of the longest ranges in League of Legends. Tell him to grab ghost and ignite and if they attack, use his w and ghost. He might not even need to use ghost.

Cøsmíç

06-02-2011

Blitzcrank. because he's awesome.

Warrrrax

06-02-2011

Being awesome doesn't make a good babysitter. Janna is good because she provides a strong damage shield that also adds +14 damage (to 50 at rank 5) to her attacks. It works better with Panth and Ashe and those that have AD scaling abilities or ability to get in multiple attacks quickly.

But it works for Trist as well. But honestly, Trist is better as a mid or solo.

Lorifel

Recruiter

06-02-2011

Taric.is an awesome partner for Trist. Not olnly he babysits her like a boss, but also after lvl 6 his Ultimate allows Trist to hit like a truck from safe distance.
Trist's range + AS from Q + AD from Taric's Ultimate => one tower destroed.