Need help with choosing champ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voucher

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2010

Hello!
Im asking you for help with choosing a champ to play. Im abit new to this game, playing usually with friend but I think Im getting better day after day.
Okay, but here's the deal. I can't decide which chamion is better to choose - more useful for team, can manage pretty good at killing as well etc, etc.
So here are champs which I consider: ( I have 6600 IP for now and can spend all )

Jax - 3150 - I was playing him when He was free. Could've managed pretty well. Good at ganking and turrets.

Shaco - 3150 - I've never played him but His killing abilities are great if played well.

Evelynn - 1350 - Same as above, I like stealthed kills+very impressive dmg with AP build.

Zilean - 1350 - I've been playing him in last a few days. I had a great fun with him, nice killing ability and doing a lot of good work for team. Even If he's more defence/support oriented I could've managed pretty good.

Karthus - 6300 - Im impressed by this one. He can carry team to win very easy. Unfortunately I havnt played him yet and Im afraid that it may not be champ for me. I mean heading back, defensive stances, stacking to tower etc. He may be too hard to play for me. It costs so much that I don't want to do mistake buying him.

I know, I gave a lot of champs to consider but please help me. I really dont know which should I choose. Thanks alot in advance.

Best regards,
Voucher

Mister Huu

03-24-2010

In my opinion, your choice is either Jax or Zilean. Jax can carry the team if used properly, and Zilean has an amazing double bomb. (that you know already.) It all depends on your play style really.

Azghyn Nite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2010

^ There is a good idea
Try looking for cheaper IP champions, as w/o runes you will suck by level 20.. You will need to save up for runes. Try Twisted Fate, Master Yi, Sivir, Tristana, Ashe, Poppy, and maybe Zilean. Zilean can be countered damage wise but is an amazing help to the team.

malphismia

03-24-2010

Imho, don't buy any champions without trying them out FIRST. I would rather wait 2 weeks for Karthus to try him out ,than waste 6000+ IP on a character I find out I hate playing and will always hate because it's stuck on my account and will be a memory of 6000 IP wasted everytime i go into champion selection :P

Shaco is my main and when you start out with him, it takes time to get used to, i used to feel so squishy and went 5/10 some games, now i reverse the ratios. If you ever pick shaco, don't ever go into the team fight at the start. You'll be focused like a mofo. Wait till the middle of the fight until all they have HP you can take out in 2 hits, then you can pull off an ace if you're skill enough. Send in your double at least to give aura to your team, plus the nuke aoe when it explodes.

AnalC

03-24-2010

Get Gragas.

Der Cutze

03-24-2010

get eve only of if you wanna own low-elo noobs
i'm not high elo by far, but i exclusively use her in practice with friends

+ high burst with AP
+ stealth/mobility
+ fun to play(!)
- squishy as ****
- no contribution in teamfights at all
- shut down easily by wards
- no decent escape mechanism (unlike shaco)
- very item-dependent

pity i haven't tried shaco whatsoever, but i consider him WAY more viable in "real" games
still: as someone before said, play a few games and see if you get the right feel for a certain champ

Awe5omeMan

03-24-2010

Out of those champ, I would say Jax or Karthus. Eve, shaco and Zil all pretty much need a decent runebook and a good pilot to be effective. Jax is fairly simple and very fun, as well as being quite strong atm.

Karth is great if you can handle him. More likely you will waste 6300 hard earned ip and look like a ****** trying to **** a doorknob, end up feeding the enemy solo, and crying until you are dehydrated.

Shaco is very fun, if you know what you are doing. He can get a lvl 1 buff and FB easily, and gank very well. jibs give a nice little headsup if placed properly, and if built for AP sometimes 4 stacks will get you an easy kill. If you want to go autoattack, use deceive and lizard buff with furor runes/ armor penn for a stacked guaranteed crit.

Eve is kind of fail unless you are playing reckless people, and build her a little tanky and have a good early game. She is kind of a pwn or get pwned hero.

Zilean is an excellent team support, with a great nuke speed buff/debuff and an ult that changes games. That being said if you cant double bomb and do it at the right time, you will just annoy your opponents, not farmed or get kills.

Really you should try out the free ones or buy some 450 champs until you find one you like. It's best to find a hero that fits your playstyle. I play with people sometimes that will have 1,500 health on cho goth and exit the fight, leaving an ashe with 2.5 bars screaming and getting eaten.

There are three main categories of champs, tanks (stack hp/armor) - need to be willing to take hits, start teamfights-initiate ( and know when not to) DPS champ or carries, who will be fragile early game but have huge damage and get triple kills late game ( spend the game farming creeps and massing gold to get uber items) And casters who focus on nuker, disable/ team buffs/ utility/support. The best thing to do is figure out what you enjoy or are good at, and build up a rune page of t3 for that playstyle. Then you can buy other styles of champs and outfit them to become more versatile. GOTTA GRIND 'EM ALL

Jman69

03-24-2010

The biggest mistake I made in this game was buy a new champ whenever I had the IP to get one. I unlocked a lot of characters but only really enjoy playing two of them. The problem now is I have zero IP and not many T3 runes.

If you can afford to spend $5-10 you should buy a character you enjoy, and invest your IP in T3 runes. I like having two champs to play on a regular basis incase I join a que and someone snags one of champs I like to play.

Anyway don't just buy a guy you've never played before. I've done that more then once and ended up disliking the character.

Boundless Spring

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voucher View Post
Hello!
Im asking you for help with choosing a champ to play. Im abit new to this game, playing usually with friend but I think Im getting better day after day.
Okay, but here's the deal. I can't decide which chamion is better to choose - more useful for team, can manage pretty good at killing as well etc, etc.
So here are champs which I consider: ( I have 6600 IP for now and can spend all )

Jax - 3150 - I was playing him when He was free. Could've managed pretty well. Good at ganking and turrets.

Shaco - 3150 - I've never played him but His killing abilities are great if played well.

Evelynn - 1350 - Same as above, I like stealthed kills+very impressive dmg with AP build.

Zilean - 1350 - I've been playing him in last a few days. I had a great fun with him, nice killing ability and doing a lot of good work for team. Even If he's more defence/support oriented I could've managed pretty good.

Karthus - 6300 - Im impressed by this one. He can carry team to win very easy. Unfortunately I havnt played him yet and Im afraid that it may not be champ for me. I mean heading back, defensive stances, stacking to tower etc. He may be too hard to play for me. It costs so much that I don't want to do mistake buying him.

I know, I gave a lot of champs to consider but please help me. I really dont know which should I choose. Thanks alot in advance.

Best regards,
Voucher
The common thought right now is that Jax is very strong, and Zilean is secondary to that but still very strong.
Evelynn is considered broken in all but smurf games, and Karthus is very conditional but considered easy to take advantage of vs equal high level players.
Shaco was pretty highly thought of, less so now but definitely still threatening.

Of course all of that pales in comparison to how well you play and/or like each champion. Pick what is your favorite