CDR per level vs flat CDR

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NomZrawr

06-01-2011

Which is better for most champs?

Bagration

06-01-2011

I've always used flat CDR for the immediate impact. It seems the total CDR at 18 just isn't worth waiting for in my mind. Could be wrong.

NotAcquainted

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2011

Depends whether or not you can spam your spells at earlier levels.

Snes C

06-01-2011

It's a difference of 2.25 for the Glyphs and 2.1 for the Quints. If that makes a world of difference, knock yourself out.

IthsMaze

06-01-2011

flats are better until level 13 so yeah... I personally use 8 flats and 1 per level to hit 15 cdr with masteries

JohnCataldo

06-01-2011

Flat for most situations.

Zauren

06-01-2011

Situational. I agree that it depends on your mana. Although having the OPTION to burn through it all if you need to is nice. Still, most builds I see hit about 35. Scaling could squeeze out a few more points in the end.

On someone like Renekton, obviously you want flat.

Etherimp

06-01-2011

Yeah.. For characters like Morde or Renekton, Flat CDR is best. Personally, I like Flat CDR overall. 1 20% CDR item and you're up to 35%, which is close enough to the cap for it to not matter much. If you want the extra few points you can pick up an elixer or steal blue buff from enemy jungle. Having my Cooldowns change throughout the game I feel would throw off my timing.

KyranX

06-01-2011

Personally for me I go for the CDR per level because my theory is that you would be spaming you skills like there is no tomorrow generally more in the late game.

Courier Lord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2011

I always use a combination so that when im at level 18 i hit a certain number. For example, one of my builds has a total CDR of 15% and another has 20%.