I just hit level 30

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

malphismia

06-01-2011

no bonus IP...play ranked if you want competitive games where "more" people want to win...but with more competitiveness comes more aggravation and raging teammates. I like the chill atmosphere of normals.

OutlawStarx2

06-01-2011

Ranked is harder than normal in every way IMO, and playing a ton of normal won't help you that much.

For me ranked games have gotten a ton better, since i haven't gotten leavers (on either side) in a long time. you will come across n00bs, trolls, feeders, ect. but if you play enough ranked games they will only be a small percentage of your games.

Recommendation
Get good at 3 champs (in normal) 1 DSP, 1 Tank, and 1 Mage, and get full rune sets for each. Then just go into ranked when you feel that you're good with them. You'll probably soon learn you're not as good as you think but you will learn at a much faster rate than you did in normal games. Chances are you won't do extremely bad most of the times, but you might be called a feeder once in a while.

JohnCataldo

06-01-2011

I don't think there's any good reason to be scared of ranked games, or worried about it overly.

I do find players are more critical of their own teammates in ranked games. It is Seriouz Bizniz for many people. If that bothers you, you might want to avoid ranked, but it's not a good reason to be scared or wait longer. They'll still be ****s in ranked if you play another 1000 games, and you probably won't get yelled at much less or more either way.