I just hit level 30

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kuyll

Recruiter

06-01-2011

Any suggestions on what to do? Play Ranked, or stick to Normals? I've heard terrible things about Ranked, and I'm kind of scared to play it to be honest.

ANYWAYS, thanks for posting if you do! ~Kyle

EDIT: Thanks for all the input. I already have two rune pages decked out, and I have a number of champions I can play very well that fit into any role needed in a team. I'd like to think myself a fairly good player, I buy wards, call MIA's, focus on last hitting, try to help out my teammates if they need it. Would playing ranked be a good idea then?

the opposition

06-01-2011

Get a ton of rune pages, champions and play a lot of normals until you find a champion that suits you. You should then play the **** out of that champion for another 350 games. Then try playing ranked with said champion.

dominias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2011

Akali

iKickStuff

Recruiter

06-01-2011

There's no real need to rush ranked games, it'll just leave you with bad scores. Just keep playing until you get comfortable and get really good with a few mains, and finish all your rune pages. You'll KNOW when you're ready

530 520

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-01-2011

Ranked

HyperMarth

06-01-2011

I've been level 30 for about 6 months now and i've never played ranked.... just have fun in Normals while gathering and trying out new champs i'd say. Also working on your runes :P

MetalGearLuigi

06-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by the opposition View Post
Get a ton of rune pages, champions and play a lot of normals until you find a champion that suits you. You should then play the **** out of that champion for another 350 games. Then try playing ranked with said champion.
Basically what he means is, play 1500 normal games so that you have 10 full rune pages, a ton of champions and 350 games for your favorite champion or two.

See you in a year.'

Edit: I've been thirty for over a year and I have hardly done ranked (granted, however, I have two level 30 smurfs... hey grinding IP is boring, leveling is fun for me).

Giotto

06-01-2011

The ranked game I played made me feel like I'm smurfing lol, but after the time to find your elo I guess it'll be fine lol

Absolution13

06-01-2011

dont play ranked until you played like 400 games + cause people will serious get pissed like myself if someone does very very poorly.

Surrender

06-01-2011

do you get bonus ip in ranked?