[Guide] Yo ho ho and a bottle of....unidentified green goo.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Engarde

Adjudicator

08-24-2009

SINGED - MAD CHEMIST

Who is this Singed Fellow?

Singed is a madman who leaves trails of poison, covers the ground in goo, thows people across the room and drinks a strange liquid that causes him to win games and vomit green goo. As for his role....he is a carry. And a tank. And a caster. Basically everything but a ranged DPS.
He is one of my favourite champions, and is deadly in the right hands. This is the second guide I have wrote, and unfortunately this one only has one item build. But anyway....onwards!

Skills

Q - Posion Trail
Toggle this on to leave a poison trail, draining your mana and dealing damage over time to anyone who touches it. I find the most effective ways to use it as follows -
For creep clearing, when all the enemies are still, toggle on, run past the line of melee, toggle of, then run the end of the line of ranged, then toggle on and run past them. Once the minions are dead, run ahed from your group so you can poison enemies minions before they get to yours.
For ganks, toggle it on before you toss someone, it doesn't trigger global cooldown.
In teamfights, as they usually happen later, you should have a large enough mana pool to leave it on for most of it.
For fleeing, toggle it on for 2 seconds, then off for 2 seconds, rinse repeat. Saves you mana, so if you do soften them up you can turn around and toss / goo.
In general, this skill will help you earn alot of gold, especially with a sunfire, and contributes significantly with lane control.

W - Mega Adhesive
Covers an area in goo. Enemies in it have their movespeed slowed quite significantly. Very useful for both escapes and ganks. Generally, the best time to use it is right after you toss someone.

E - Fling
Throws an enemy over your shoulder, and they take damage when they land. Your open your ganks by tossing them into poison and/or goo.

R - Insanity Potion
Temporarilly and dramatically increases Singed's damage, AP, attack speed, health regen and mana regen, and move speed. A lovely ult in general. Use it before ganks, teamfights, or to take down towers.

Passive - Empowered Bulwark
Every point of mana you have gives you .3 more health. Though not too important in this build, it does come into play, and helps you tank.

Build Order

Early on, max poison / toss, you can choose which. Get ult whenever you can, and get goo last, you should be able to kill without it.

Items
Credit for this build goes to Zileas. I only tweaked it slightly (regrowth pendant to start rather than doran's shield.)

Start with a Regrowth Pendant. Keeps you alive in your lane and later builds into a Force of Nature.

Next, you will want a Sunfire Cape. Hopefully, you will be able to stay alive in your lane long enough to get a Giant's Belt, if not, you will almost always be able to stay long enough to get a Chain Vest. Sunfire works very well for Singed, more survivability and ganking potential. Between this and poison trail, you will get a ton of money. You should hopefully be still able to gank without boots early with the bonus movespeed from your ult, and ghost. You should definately take ghost on Singed.

Now, get Boots of Swiftness. Singed's kills are all but relavtive to how fast he can run.

Next, a Rod of Ages. More HP, AP, and Mana, which also means even more AP. A very lovely item that increases both your tanking and killing potential.

Now, finish a Force of Nature. Lots of regen, some magic resist, and even more movespeed. Once again, more survivabilty and ganking potential.

Games rarely last long enough for anything else for me, but some noteable items for if they do are Stark's Ferver (if you have physical DPS on your team), Abyssal Scepter (if you have casters on your team), or another Rod of Ages.

Summoner Spells

TAKE GHOST. For most ganks to work, you need a movespeed buff of somesort. With this, you will be able to gank when your ult is down. Or use them both and break the land speed record.
As for your second one, I would recommend a useful team skill of somesort, like clairvoyance or heal. I take teleport, as there is nothing more satisfying to teleport into and oncoming ball 'o' creeps and get all the gold.
The only one I wouldn't really take is rally, Singed is too focused on running.

Masteries / Runes

I use 9 / 0 / 21, on all my champs. Mostly out of laziness. Works nicely on Singed though, spell penetration in offense for more toss and poison damge, decreased cooldowns, improved ghost, increased move speed and regen in utility.
As for runes...I see a few options. I use health regen and mana regen for early game potency. You could take health to help you tank, or straight mana regen to keep up the poison trail. I would recommend Swiftness quintessence though, Singed needs to run as fast as possible.

Early Game
Try control your lane with poison if you can, you should be able to kill a fair few creeps with poison and last hitting. See if you can lure enemy champions into your poison to deal some damage. Also, if you can, get behind your enemy, poison them, and throw them away. Deals good solid damage. If you have a lane partner and are against a solo, do not be afraid to toss the enemy, especially if you friend has stuns. If the enemy is controlling the lane, poison them and their creeps whenever they move up. You might be able to kill squishy champs by popping ghost and tossing them. Follow up with poison, and melee attacks if they are slow, if not, just run next to them with poison. And as always, tower diving is bad early.

Mid Game
Once you get a Sunfire and your ult, kills become much easier. Use your simple one two punch of toss and poison. Try get kills whenever you have your ult or ghost, but don't tower dive unless you are sure you will win. You will be making alot of money from sunfire and poison. If you get to a tower and have some creeps and your ult, use it, and get smashing. The lizard buff can be very usefull in ganking, too. Mid game is really your time to shine, as the carries havn't farmed yet and casters who havn't got a Rod of Ages or Rylai's are still squishy.

Late Game
You are a very good pusher. Keep pushing. In a teamfight, try throw an enemy to your team, divide and conquer. If you have done well early - mid, you will be able to take nearly anyone. Try to get with your team and push like crazy with your ult for towers. Lizard buff when you can, always good for kills. Goo means people will have alot of trouble ganking you and running from you, and can almost be used as a 'wall' to keep enemy champs at bay before a teamfight starts. Break the inhibitors, and win. Simple enough.

Other good stuff to know!

You will be quite difficult to kill with your movespeed, poison and goo, but it is still bad to pick fights if you are outnumbered.

If an enemy has a spellshield, do not toss them, just chase with poision and sunfire.

Once again, take ghost. It makes killing much easier.

Anyhoo, I wish people all the best as Singed, and remember : Shaken, not stirred.

WinterAyars

08-25-2009

Rune suggestions?

Bean

08-25-2009

Nice! I've always been a bit confused on how to best synergize Singed with items. Great looking build. I will field test this for funsies.

Spoogee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2009

Nice guide, ty.

ralphinator

08-31-2009

I go Regrowth Pen>Meki Pen>Phil Stone>Boots.

Treedog

08-31-2009

what a boring guide!! youve just followed the item setup that has been given to you by the LOL team.
ive played him about 8 times so far, my best is 12-0.
i personally go for mana regen items early on so i can keep my gas going and get huge amounts of exp/money from creeps.
I cant remeber the name of the item but on spell cast ur next physical attack does 100% dmg i have found to be very nice for him.
if you always have mana for singed he pwns and u rarely have to go back.

sheen is the name ty nerdz.

Nerdz

Adjudicator

08-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treedog View Post
I cant remeber the name of the item but on spell cast ur next physical attack does 100% dmg i have found to be very nice for him.
Sheen

Engarde

Adjudicator

08-31-2009

Quote:
what a boring guide!! youve just followed the item setup that has been given to you by the LOL team.
ive played him about 8 times so far, my best is 12-0.
i personally go for mana regen items early on so i can keep my gas going and get huge amounts of exp/money from creeps.
if you always have mana for singed he pwns and u rarely have to go back.
The LOL team has provided a very good item build, so it isn't really my fault. This is just (from my experience) the most effective order to build items for Singed. I have tried other builds, but this always has seemed to be the most effective. I wouldn't use items just because they aren't recommened......and most people don't realize how useful the sunfire is if you get it quick.
As for the mana regen, the hp regen is very useful as you have to put yourself in harms way to poison and last hit the enemy minions, since Singed is melee, and with proper use of poison, you will rarely run out of mana, and from my experience, you can get alot more money out of a sunfire than you can out of pretty much any other item.
Also, sheen is rather nice, but realistically, you won't get too many procs, as toss / goo are pretty much the only things you will proc it with.

Treedog

09-01-2009

well IDK how u play singed but im using his gas trail move all the time.
u shudnt really need to get the last hit on creeps if your using this spell enough.

Dont bother posting strats for a hero/champion if the LOL team already have that strat in place.

i really dont see the point.

MaximalBeast

09-01-2009

Quote:
well IDK how u play singed but im using his gas trail move all the time.
u shudnt really need to get the last hit on creeps if your using this spell enough.

Dont bother posting strats for a hero/champion if the LOL team already have that strat in place.

i really dont see the point.
He can still post a strategy that he finds effective as there is more to a hero than items such as runes, masteries, how you should play as said character, etc. Perhaps if all he uses are the recommended items he can merely state something along the lines of "I recommend the suggested build Riot provides" so he doesn't have to tell piece by piece what items you should acquire, but I haven't used his guide so I don't know if the build he recommends is Riot's suggested build or not.