Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Heimer, let's talk

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

12obert13oyle

Recruiter

03-24-2010

ok, so I'm sure there are mixed feelings about the heimer "rebuild" but here's how i see things. (i didn't see another post on the matter so if there is please direct me there)

There are people who say that this "rebuild" is not a nerf. However overall changes result in a ABSOLUTE nerf to how I used to play Heimer, i'd like to see how others veiw these changes and perhaps if there is any good that came out of the change. So let's take a look

H-28G Evolution Turret (remake)
Green turrets now spawn at level 3 and 4 of this skill, reducing Armor and Magic Resist on hit. Red Turrets spawn at level 5 and cause area of effect damage on hit.
Turrets damage increased to 28/36/44/52/60 from 20/26/32/38/44
Turrets now attack 50% faster for the first 6 seconds after placement
Max turrets lowered to 1/2/2/3/3 from 2/3/4/5/6
New missile particles added for green and red turrets

Geen turrets now spawn at level 3 and 4 of this skill, red turrets spawn at level 5. This is cool, since before you could only bring a green turret into a teamfight, now you can potentialy bring red.
Turrets now attack 50% faster for the first 6 seconds after placement, this change... meh ok.... but now in 1 turrets lifetime they will only get that increased attkspeed once, whereas he used to be able to upgrade it multiple times.
Minor damage increase which would seem like a buff, HOWEVER, since the number of turrets he get's is 1/2 they'd have to DOUBBLE the damage on the turrets to for it it be a buff.
Max turrets halfed, MAJOR nerf, no more mapcontrol heimer

Hextech Micro-Rockets
Cooldown reduced to 10 seconds at all levels from 20
Rockets now hit the 3 nearest enemy minions or Champions, instead of just Champions
Fires 3 rockets at all levels
Ability Power Coefficient reduced to 0.55 from 0.8 to accomodate the significant cooldown reduction
Base damage reduced to 85/135/185/235/285 from 90/150/210/270/330

So basicly now you nuke creeps for less damage twice as fast as you used to be able to nuke heros for more.

UPGRADE!!! (remake)
UPGRADE!!! retains the 10/15/20% cooldown reduction passive
On activation, all existing Evolution Turrets are healed for 100% of their max hit points. In addition, all existing Evolution Turrets begin fire 20/25/30% movement slowing missiles for 10 seconds.
Mana cost 90 at all levels
Cooldown is 120/105/90

Upgrade, frost turrets, that's cool that's a buff. Heals all turrets, ok, buff. No more can we increase the attk speed on a turret at will, that's a nerf.

Overall, it seems they were trying to give heimer more OOMPH in a teamfight by nerfing to **** his laning and staying power. Now in a lane your turrets never get a chance to evolve so they do less overall damage since you have to replace them to get the upgraded versions, so they'll always have less damage. In a teamfight i now can't nuke heros with rocket so i'm just a creepwave clearer... nice.... forced to target creeps with grenade so my rockets can hit? rather than use my grenade as a stun/blind... or just accept that my rockets will rarely hit heros.... Jungle heimer???? instead of being able to kite behind a tank and do damage to heros i'm forced to kite behind tanks and nuke creeps.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GodLikeKiller

03-24-2010

I hate heimer now...used to be better...rocket sucks now...Bring back the old heimer!!!