what does the opponent hear?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orya

03-24-2010

When I'm in a bush and activate an ability, does a nearby opponent hear that? What about emotes?
Thx

Pwidget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2010

Pretty sure you can hear that if you are listening closely. There are games when I've caught the other team's Warwick soloing dragon or someone jungling a buff creep because I moved my field of vision (still fog of war) on top of that area and heard abilities going off. I'm assuming it isn't intended but it has helped my team win a few games.

zoau

03-24-2010

ofc you hear emoticons, /taunt wouldnt make much sense otherwhise

Orya

03-24-2010

I was just wondering because some guides suggest stuff like waiting in the bushes, and when a gankable opponent comes by to activate yours buffs and then attack. Some of these buffs though are channeled (like gragas drunken rage), so me newbie wondered if any opponent could hear the activation and be warned.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2010

yea, and drunken rage does make a lot of noise.. I am pretty certain they can hear it, but I do it anyways :P, cause some people listen to music, and are clueless anyways unless they visually see you. To that point though, oddly when I play against a Cho'gath in lane, and he casts rupture from brush to a non-brush location, I do not hear it, and can barely ever see it visably on the ground.. so it rarely misses. So I am not entirely sure.

Modru of Gron

03-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwidget View Post
Pretty sure you can hear that if you are listening closely. There are games when I've caught the other team's Warwick soloing dragon or someone jungling a buff creep because I moved my field of vision (still fog of war) on top of that area and heard abilities going off. I'm assuming it isn't intended but it has helped my team win a few games.
Same here. I've also been able to hear such things as gragas sucking down his ale, twisted fate using his ult to tele, shaco using his decieve, and fiddlesticks using his crowstorm while they were in grass. So, I'm guessing that you can hear just about any ability activation if you listen closely enough.

Der Cutze

03-24-2010

morgana soil, TF port, eve stealthing, warwick sniffing blood scent, kass riftwalk etc

can all be heard in/from brush afaik

malphismia

03-25-2010

you don't need to hear shaco decieve, you see red smoke puff when he does.
before chogath's ground spikes (or whatever they're called) come up, there's this mist rising from the area that will be effected.

just thought i'd mention this for other people that don't listen well like me lol

Sheshi

03-25-2010

There is always a sound played when an ability is activated, which can be heard by everone. Sometimes a visual is played when other abilities are used, which lets you try to dodge those abilities since they are going to deal high damage (Read Veigers Dark Matter and Cho Gath's Ground Slam)