Wich champion ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ebay Account

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2011

Hi,

so, it's my first time playing this game ( and this kind of game in general ), and i would like some advice on the champions i should take.

Here's those i'm considering:

Anivia ( Saw some videos and forum post saying it was a great champion )
Annie ( Her summoning skill seem useful )
Veigar ( He look good, and his spell seem useful )
Ezreal ( If the skills are like the description, he should be quite strong )
Orianna [ is it how you spell it ?] ( The ball concept seem quite nice )

Actually i use teemo, ashe and tristana

So wich champion between those five ( Ezreal, Orianna, Veigar, Annie and Anivia ) should i got with considering i'm kinda like a beginner ( well i mainly get the point of the game and i can already play decently, but i'm not even close to being ''pro'' )

Thanks for you advice.

Malrock3

06-01-2011

I suggest you test them out on free rotation before you buy. the ones you are questioning have been on rotation lately i believe... and orianna will be on rotation next week.... so yeah give it a try i say.

Other than that.... anivia strong but slowest champ in game...
annie - just reworked and i am not to familiar w/ her new playstyle.
veiger - not that great
ez - popular choice (but i don't really care for him)
orianna - unknown.

Ebay Account

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2011

I'm not really familiar with the game, may i ask what's the rotation you're talking about ?

Dragoonleader

06-01-2011

Anivia- A very good champ, with very good damage and support abilities, but is also one of the hardest champions to play well. So I wouldn't recommend anivia

Annie- Has some of the highest burst damage in the game. Relatively easy to learn, and has decent survivability. Out of the champions you listed, I strongly recommend Annie. Plus, she recently received a buff.

Veigar- A decent champion, that excels at killing other champions that stack ability power. I personally do not recommend him though.

Ezreal- As said before, he is fairly popular, but i'm not a huge fan. He has some skill shot abilities, and your ability to land them can make or break you. Not recommended by me for a relatively new player.

Orianna- She's brand new. I haven't played as her, nor have I seen her played yet. She does sound quite interesting, but she may or may not undergo some balance changes as many new champions do. I don't recommend spending your points on her, until you have many other champs that you know are dependable.

The rotation the other poster was referring to is the weekly champion rotation. Every week there is a different set of 10 champions that are free for everyone to use. He recommends trying champions while they are free during these weeks, to ensure that you enjoy their playstyle, which is definitely a good idea, however it is not required if you know how you want to play and which champions fit that style.

Syncline

06-01-2011

Ezreal is a blast to play *once you learn him.* He was frustrating for me to learn when I got him and I have been playing this style of game for, hell, a long time (since Starcraft's Aeon of Strife). Orianna is fun as well, and much easier to learn than Ezreal, but still a difficult champion.

If you are patient, I would say get one of those two. I don't see too many of either champion running around, meaning not as many enemy players know how to fight you. I gain a lot of satisfaction if I can master a rarely-played champion. Anivia is rarely seen and I've never used her. I think Veigar is a decent pick for a newbie, but again, his learning curve might make him a little tough for someone new to MOBAs.

Annie is one of the most balanced champions in the game. The only thing stopping me from auto-recommending her is her ultimate, Tibbers, is like a second character to play. It can get confusing.

If you are patient, get Ezreal or Orianna. If you'd rather go a little more mainstream, get Annie.

OutlawStarx2

06-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl4ck S0ul View Post
Hi,

so, it's my first time playing this game ( and this kind of game in general ), and i would like some advice on the champions i should take.

Here's those i'm considering:

Anivia ( Saw some videos and forum post saying it was a great champion )
A hard to use Champ, her iceball moves very slow and the wall is hard to aim, but she's still a great champ

Annie ( Her summoning skill seem useful )you mean her ult?
A great champ, easy to use great for beginners

Veigar ( He look good, and his spell seem useful )you have really bad reasons for picking these champs, but they are all good picks
try him out after you learn how to last hit, he's a good champ but his spells have quite a bit of cool down on them so if you mess up you might be dead in some cases

Ezreal ( If the skills are like the description, he should be quite strong )
A fun champ, (my main) but not for beginners. he's very very low on HP and he's pretty slow. he's not as hard to play as Anivia IMO but still kinda hard to use. pick him up some time, but he's not for everyone

Orianna [ is it how you spell it ?] ( The ball concept seem quite nice )
Still haven't seen her yet

Actually i use teemo, ashe and tristana

So wich champion between those five ( Ezreal, Orianna, Veigar, Annie and Anivia ) should i got with considering i'm kinda like a beginner ( well i mainly get the point of the game and i can already play decently, but i'm not even close to being ''pro'' )

Thanks for you advice.
Try them in this Order

Annie
Veigar/Orianna
Ezreal
Anivia