Taric Tank Build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

a strange thing

03-24-2010

Basically I've been trying to find a good tank build for Taric but have been fairly unsuccessful (though that could partly be from playing mostly in pub games and not arranged team games). Does anyone who plays Taric have any recommendations?

Enzyme

03-24-2010

I have been maining him lately as a support/tank.

I get a sapphire crystal and 2 hp pots at the start and start out with rank 1 of my stun.
I make a Catalyst with the crystal, which makes you an early-game tank.
After that, Mercury Treads and I start buying the parts for a Guardian Angel. The game usually ends soon after I get the Angel.

As skills go, it all depends on who you're laning against. If you guys are getting harassed much, throw a rank or 2 into heal early. If you have free reign of the creeps, get some ranks of shatter. Also, don't get your ult at level 6 just because it's your ult and you can. I tend to get my ult early ONLY if we are at their tower and having success pushing. Early on, you won't have the mana needed to support your ult, and its first rank is fairly underwhelming.

Saddler

03-24-2010

One word Levithan its super easy to 20 stack with Taric with that and a Soul Shroud you pull about 3k hp and with your heal and ulti you are hard to kill. Taric cant really tank though Tanking is not just about HP and stats he has no way to start fights other than flash/stun. So he is better played as Support/Tank not Tank/Support.