When did TF go from trash tier to op?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whizzard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2011

I keep seeing threads talking about how good tf and such and they seem to be coming from fairly high elo players. Im 1600 elo and personally have not encountered a TF worth mentioning in ranked or normals. I also have not noticed a significant change in tf from patch notes other than a few bug fixes? What makes this champion so good? He seems to be completely outshined compared to other carries.

Eliras

06-01-2011

As soon as they realized that a 2s stun anywhere on the map is pretty ****in' cool

YordleLayHeeHoo

06-01-2011

As soon as people realized that a global teleport can be used for split pushing.

DeathsTouch5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2011

He is. Just forum hype mostly. Hes always been pretty decent what with his ult and all, but nothing has changed about him.

jmsplat

Recruiter

06-01-2011

hes been op

Mr Scorpio

06-01-2011

IMO, around the time that the minion+tower changes went down.

Propaganda War

06-01-2011

He was never trash.

He's been banned in tournaments since I started playing this game and watching the pro scene, so that's only about 14 months, but TF is always a threat and always has been a threat.

If YOU thought TF was bad for some reason, I'm not sure where you get your news but I might suggest switching to a different paper.

jars

06-01-2011

he's never been trash tier. anyone that thought someone with a global teleport 2 second stun and huge burst damage was trash is a god ****ed ******

HeebrewHammer

06-01-2011

Ever since people realized that Global Ult + Stun = Win. Also, he can split push like a boss, and his AP Build is also very good (better than AD imo).

Kurthnaga

06-01-2011

He's always been good, but every since the rework he's required a split push comp. He used to be able to carry teams alone, now he's just one of the stronger split pushers in the game, along with Teemo and Pantheon. (I guess? He kind of sucks right now)