Observations on Champ Niches

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thistlemin

03-24-2010

Team Composition Importance:

Some champs aren't blending well in solo queue due to lack of versaitility and team unison playstyle. Nothing against how they play, I have my good & bad games, so I'm looking past that. What I'm focusing on is how some champs blend together to make a team.

Shen- I haven't played as him yet, and have only seen him in two matches, but from what I've seen he lacks the ability to farm/push lanes well and is more in the line of Poppy as a floater in the game. I do think champs like him and Poppy have a place, but they aren't always suited for every match and don't play as well with others of the same ilk unless they're on the same page running around as a ganking squad.

What I mean is that, I just played a match as Nidalee. The remainder of my team was Shen, Alistar, Annie, and Poppy. Annie bugged out after feeding around the 30 minute mark, but either way, Three of my teammates finished with 40's Minion Kills, and one person had 70's. I had 190 as Nidalee and started out in Mid for level advantage.

I think more lane pushers need to be introduced into the game who are in the lines of sivir to keep the pace up and limit everyone from picking gankers. It almost feels like there are more and more Eve's being introduced into the game and less Sivir's. The jury is still out on Shen and I think by looking at his skills he can be very useful and productive in a teamfight as can Poppy obviously.

My squad got run over obviously because I was the only one who could push a lane by killing minions. Alistar is a good team lane pusher, but not a fast minion killer. I guess it just seems like a lot of people are in love with choosing champs that don't push towers much anymore. Perhaps more Champs like that need to be introduced so that it can be done and not feel stale. I guess I miss the days of my team always choosing Sivir + Ashe haha as strange as that sounds, when I'm Nidalee. At least I knew we could push. With a lot of these new champs, besides Mordekaiser, lane pushing isn't that strong.

Note: I haven't seen Ezreal since the new patch. I read he got buffed so he may be more in the light of what I am suggesting. Random thoughts, sorry if this was a bit of a mess.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Radec

03-24-2010

I've been playing League much less because of this. Most champs are jack of all trades, master of none and because of it games generally drag on longer than they need to. I don't want to start a whole LoL vs DotA vs HoN discussion but the heroes in HoN and DotA generally do their job better than champs in league especially the lane pushing type heroes.

I like Sivir because she's a great pusher, if not the best pusher, but she's also very boring.