Lee Sin Help - Teamfights?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Felstag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2011

So I'm a fairly new Lee Sin player, and I'm loving him, I do really well in the laning phase, and push other champs out, get early kills, etc. BUT when it becomes later game, I start becoming less useful in actual teamfights, and I think I'm doing something wrong.

When a teamfight starts, I try to use Sonic Wave / Resonating Strike after the tank engages to make up ground, then get my two hits in, then Tempest, two hits, Cripple, Two hits, safeguard the enemy's focus, two hits etc. I try to save my ult for anyone trying to escape, or in case we need a scape goat.

I normally build either Merc treads or boots of swiftness(depending on enemy team comp), then a trinity force, Bloodthirster, Banshee's, warmogs, and a atma's.

Can anyone think of problems with this? any useful tips?

Felstag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2011

Shameless bumb

Eddiot

06-01-2011

assuming their tank is in front of their team(like he should be) use your ult to launch him out behind those he is trying to protect then jump onto your support/burst/carry champ of choice and do your thing.

Diesel Venom

06-01-2011

triforce is good for autoattack but doesn't boost your abilities very much. better to get a pickaxe or bf item first. i tried triforce but attack speed just doesn't do that well for lee, i think he should be more of a hard hitter. you want his blows to do serious damage.

your items take a really long time to build also, on paper they are great but when will you have them?

I'm no pro but i've been building mercs, tiamat, aegis, warmog, whisper, atma. it is functional at all stages since it starts off with pretty cheap items for how good they are.

i dont wait for my two hits, i just spam qq ee and then whatever is necessary after that. the sooner you can cripple the sooner you are protecting your team.

IkomaTanomori

06-01-2011

Try using your ult nearer the start. If you can qq to the back of the enemy team, then R someone through the rest of them, you knock all of them in the air, with damage. If your team can back you up with a follow-up disable, even better. After that, definitely get cripple on everybody as quick as you can. Then you can focus their squishies down to your heart's content.

Felstag

06-01-2011

[QUOTE=Eddiot;9490352use your ult to launch him out behind[/QUOTE]

Great idea, Ill start doing that! thanks! and thanks for the rest of the tips too!

BlowUpTheOcean

06-01-2011

The best build for a new Lee Sin player is as follows (this assumes you are not jungling):

1. Start with boots and health pots.
2. Get wriggles if you want to farm hard all through the game, it has great stats and free wards even if you're not jungling.
3. Warmog's. It's possible for a glass cannon build to work (I rush Last Whisper for that) but it's not ideal, especially in team fights. Get a warmog's and start stacking it.
4. Atma's Impaler. Your early-mid game suffers with only a warmogs, you still do damage but it starts to slack off a bit until you can farm up an Atma's. Warmog's + Atma's is really a great combo on Lee and gives you the tankiness and the damage you need for teamfights.
5. Last Whisper. Destroys everyone's armor, reducing squishy champs (your intended targets) like ashe/corki/mf to paper.
6. By this time your damage should be really solid and you should be picking up kills without dying thanks to your mobility. Pick up a Last Whisper if you're doing well or a situational defensive item (armor, MR, or a QSS/BV for crowd control)
7. Bloodthirster.

I rarely need defensive items as Lee thanks to his incredibly mobile playstyle. Save those safeguards for when you really need them, get in, dish up some damage and get out when you need to. With this set up you should be an effective ganker as well as an effective team fighter as long as you play smart. Lee's (like many other assassin types) best weapon isn't an item, it's player skill and intelligence. Knowing when to go in and when to go out makes all the difference.

Hope that helps

Buried Alive AX7

06-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlowUpTheOcean View Post
The best build for a new Lee Sin player is as follows (this assumes you are not jungling):

1. Start with boots and health pots.
2. Get wriggles if you want to farm hard all through the game, it has great stats and free wards even if you're not jungling.
3. Warmog's. It's possible for a glass cannon build to work (I rush Last Whisper for that) but it's not ideal, especially in team fights. Get a warmog's and start stacking it.
4. Atma's Impaler. Your early-mid game suffers with only a warmogs, you still do damage but it starts to slack off a bit until you can farm up an Atma's. Warmog's + Atma's is really a great combo on Lee and gives you the tankiness and the damage you need for teamfights.
5. Last Whisper. Destroys everyone's armor, reducing squishy champs (your intended targets) like ashe/corki/mf to paper.
6. By this time your damage should be really solid and you should be picking up kills without dying thanks to your mobility. Pick up a Last Whisper if you're doing well or a situational defensive item (armor, MR, or a QSS/BV for crowd control)
7. Bloodthirster.

I rarely need defensive items as Lee thanks to his incredibly mobile playstyle. Save those safeguards for when you really need them, get in, dish up some damage and get out when you need to. With this set up you should be an effective ganker as well as an effective team fighter as long as you play smart. Lee's (like many other assassin types) best weapon isn't an item, it's player skill and intelligence. Knowing when to go in and when to go out makes all the difference.

Hope that helps
I play lee sin quite often and i rarely ever go negative or lose games when i play him and i solo alot when i play him i lose maybe 1 in 10 games and i use the zerker boots then build a hextech gunblade then get a trinity by this time you can jungle farm and your also able to kill a squishy char just by using Q R Q, this will also take their squishy high damage dealer out of the fight, bear in mind that i play lee sin in 3v3s

Buried Alive AX7

06-01-2011

By the way the most effective way to get into a fight is to safeguard in on your tank then find a squishy and Q R Q him that way you single him out if he doesnt die and also your right on him using this way to initiate your gurenteed to drop the person your attacking as long as you dont do it to the tank