RP hack.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlackWareWolf

06-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Loki View Post
lmao
You should see this:

http://www.rinkworks.com/stupid/

They are listed by category, and all in all, these are basically stories people can send in when they meet someone who's gone beyond the call of duty in being an idiot. There's everything from Tech Support people sending in their Horror Stories of moron customers, to people who went into a Computer store and dealt with the guy working there being an idiot who shouldn't be working there.

You can pick whichever you'd like, and if you don't laugh at a few of them, you're probably one of the people I'm paid to exploit and protect a companies assets.

(No seriously, if you haven't ever worked in this field, READ those, you'll probably end up laughing hysterically, and or sending it to friends who are literate in Computers and maybe even seeing stuff you've personally seen).

From my own experiences:

I used to work midnights, a lot. I'd get home from work around 6 AM, sometimes a little later, and generally, I needed a little time to unwind before bed. It's hard to fall asleep after 3 pots of Coffee, and so around 8 or 9 AM, I'd finally sleep.

My Mom called one day from the Hospital She works at, woke me up, and basically asked me frantically about the Monitor :

"Hey I need you!!!! The Computer Screen is like upside down!!!!!"....

Now remember, I've been asleep a whole two hours at this point, I had a long day at work, and now I'm being woken up to my Mom who's hysterical at this point yelling into the phone. Groaning doesn't quite say it....

She told me that a Doctor had tossed his briefcase on the keyboard, and the screen was now upside down. Now, at the time, they were running an old version of Windows. I was kind of pissed off and said "Flip the Monitor over and it'll be fine" and hung up.

A little while later She called back, woke me up again, and I finally said "Hold down ALT and hit Page up".... It worked and I finally got to sleep.

This was BEFORE She did the same thing one day:

She was at Her friend's House. Her Friend, is a complete idiot. She had a Pentium 90... And thought she could SELL this POS for like a thousand dollars... I pointed out that my Cell Phone was faster and cost less, but that didn't deter her.

She literally thought she could sell a PENTIUM 90 MHz Processor based machine for a thousand dollars for "gaming"... I pointed out that no one really plays Pong for that price, and she just basically complained about me being mean.

One day, My Mom called from her house, and asked me:

"I need to know how to delete something off the desktop".... Now, the fact that there is a KEY ON THE KEYBOARD that says "Delete" apparently didn't quite make it to thought process.

I asked if Her friend had the original box it came in, and if the Manual was still inside. My Mom said yea, and I said to grab the booklet the Computer came with and find the number for Tech support on the back, and Her friend asked what to tell them, and I said "Tell them that you are too **** stupid to own a Computer and to please take it away from you" and hung up.

10 minutes later my Mom called back laughing and asked if I really said that and I said yea, I saw it on Rinkworks, and the guy apparently only said the first part after a Power outtage, but I thought I'd do what every tech support guy wishes he could, and actually get a good one in.

I still had to tell them how to delete something of course.... But this can give you an idea if what people like me have to deal with. It's kind of amazing to me how someone will spend upwards of 4 thousand dollars on something they don't even know how to work.

I mean, a Computer is like nothing else we buy in society.... NO ONE would spend THAT much money if they didn't know how to work something. No one would buy a Toaster for 4 thousand dollars if they didn't know how it worked. No one would buy an Oven if they didn't know how it worked, but no one seems to even flinch when someone who can't handle an ATM machine shells over 4 grand for a Machine they can't understand at all.

And not everyone who does that is and idiot, I mean I know plenty of people who are very smart, but sit them in front of a Computer, and they wouldn't even know where to start.

It's much the same way that in front of a Computer, I can hold my own and look like a Genius. Sit me in front of an Engine for a car though? That ****er would never work again, I have no clue what I'm doing.

But that website, will show you some of what people REALLY do.

By the way, putting an if in front of a theoretical statement such as "IF they hired me to" kind of makes no sense. That's a logic trap... I'd already said if, so you adding it, is kind of dumb.

Count Loki

Recruiter

06-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackWareWolf View Post
You should see this:

They are listed by category, and all in all, these are basically stories people can send in when they meet someone who's gone beyond the call of duty in being an idiot. There's everything from Tech Support people sending in their Horror Stories of moron customers, to people who went into a Computer store and dealt with the guy working there being an idiot who shouldn't be working there.

You can pick whichever you'd like, and if you don't laugh at a few of them, you're probably one of the people I'm paid to exploit and protect a companies assets.

(No seriously, if you haven't ever worked in this field, READ those, you'll probably end up laughing hysterically, and or sending it to friends who are literate in Computers and maybe even seeing stuff you've personally seen).

From my own experiences:

I used to work midnights, a lot. I'd get home from work around 6 AM, sometimes a little later, and generally, I needed a little time to unwind before bed. It's hard to fall asleep after 3 pots of Coffee, and so around 8 or 9 AM, I'd finally sleep.

My Mom called one day from the Hospital She works at, woke me up, and basically asked me frantically about the Monitor :

Now remember, I've been asleep a whole two hours at this point, I had a long day at work, and now I'm being woken up to my Mom who's hysterical at this point yelling into the phone. Groaning doesn't quite say it....

She told me that a Doctor had tossed his briefcase on the keyboard, and the screen was now upside down. Now, at the time, they were running an old version of Windows. I was kind of pissed off and said "Flip the Monitor over and it'll be fine" and hung up.

A little while later She called back, woke me up again, and I finally said "Hold down ALT and hit Page up".... It worked and I finally got to sleep.

She was at Her friend's House. Her Friend, is a complete idiot. She had a Pentium 90... And thought she could SELL this POS for like a thousand dollars... I pointed out that my Cell Phone was faster and cost less, but that didn't deter her.

She literally thought she could sell a PENTIUM 90 MHz Processor based machine for a thousand dollars for "gaming"... I pointed out that no one really plays Pong for that price, and she just basically complained about me being mean.

"I need to know how to delete something off the desktop".... Now, the fact that there is a KEY ON THE KEYBOARD that says "Delete" apparently didn't quite make it to thought process.

I asked if Her friend had the original box it came in, and if the Manual was still inside. My Mom said yea, and I said to grab the booklet the Computer came with and find the number for Tech support on the back, and Her friend asked what to tell them, and I said "Tell them that you are too **** stupid to own a Computer and to please take it away from you" and hung up.

10 minutes later my Mom called back laughing and asked if I really said that and I said yea, I saw it on Rinkworks, and the guy apparently only said the first part after a Power outtage, but I thought I'd do what every tech support guy wishes he could, and actually get a good one in.

I still had to tell them how to delete something of course.... But this can give you an idea if what people like me have to deal with. It's kind of amazing to me how someone will spend upwards of 4 thousand dollars on something they don't even know how to work.

I mean, a Computer is like nothing else we buy in society.... NO ONE would spend THAT much money if they didn't know how to work something. No one would buy a Toaster for 4 thousand dollars if they didn't know how it worked. No one would buy an Oven if they didn't know how it worked, but no one seems to even flinch when someone who can't handle an ATM machine shells over 4 grand for a Machine they can't understand at all.

And not everyone who does that is and idiot, I mean I know plenty of people who are very smart, but sit them in front of a Computer, and they wouldn't even know where to start.

It's much the same way that in front of a Computer, I can hold my own and look like a Genius. Sit me in front of an Engine for a car though? That ****er would never work again, I have no clue what I'm doing.

By the way, putting an if in front of a theoretical statement such as "IF they hired me to" kind of makes no sense. That's a logic trap... I'd already said if, so you adding it, is kind of dumb.
You like to talk don't ya lil feller???

SlackWareWolf

06-02-2011

Wow, hook line and sinker... OK you got me.

D1zz1

06-02-2011

What does any of that have to do with anything, other than to show everyone that you are rude and condescending to people who dont know about technology? I work in IT, and the most valuable skill for a professional in that industry is to be understanding and helpful to the people who genuinely dont know how any of it works. A lot of us know our way around computers, you just seem like someone who recently came into your line of work and you're still in the smarter-than-thou phase. You'll soon realize pretending to be Neo and scoffing at grandma for being a noob isn't helping anybody.

SlackWareWolf

06-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1zz1 View Post
What does any of that have to do with anything, other than to show everyone that you are rude and condescending to people who dont know about technology? I work in IT, and the most valuable skill for a professional in that industry is to be understanding and helpful to the people who genuinely dont know how any of it works. A lot of us know our way around computers, you just seem like someone who recently came into your line of work and you're still in the smarter-than-thou phase. You'll soon realize pretending to be Neo and scoffing at grandma for being a noob isn't helping anybody.
Google this:

BOFH

If you still think I actually talk someone's Grandma like that then I can't do much more. Actually, considering in the other thread I told you I was literally playing along, I figured by now you'd have seen I was joking... I'm not like that, even though it IS nice to be able to say something when someone really screws up....

But I sure as hell don't talk to someone's Grandma, who'd have grown up not ever having seen a Computer in their life unless they worked on the Eniac or something.... My Cousin's Great Grandma never had a Computer in school, and doesn't own one now, I don't treat her poorly because of that... She's family, and simply wasn't around it.

I also DID take the time to point out that I personally don't know a thing about cars or engines inside them and that I'd probably break one trying to mess with it, and that just because someone has no computer skill, doesn't mean they're stupid altogether...

I don't care what you or the other guy think of me, or if you hate me, but at least have the courtesy of making sure it's for something I actually said. I did in fact say the whole thing about Car Engines, and I did in fact say that just because someone doesn't know Computers doesn't make them stupid, and I then linked to a funny site on rinkworks, and told you to google BOFH if you happen to be the ONE IT guy on earth who doesn't know what it is, that will explain me personally more than another 5 page post.

EDIT:

By the way, Dizzy; If you're an MCSE, I retract everything I've said about being fair. Can't expect an MCSE to actually read anything I've said and all.

Count Loki

Recruiter

06-03-2011

Print "Hello, nub"

ghostspeedking

06-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackWareWolf View Post
You should see this:

From my own experiences:

LMAO. I didn't even read what you wrote. What you are is by truth, just an annoying person who thinks he is some kind of wannabe Pro-Hacker... Please... just shut up. And don't even talk about people hiring you and bla bla. If Riot Games would hire you to try and hack into their system you wouldn't need a credit card and bla bla...? Well if my grandma was a train, I would bla bla but she isn't you know...
You're just embarrassing yourself.

SlackWareWolf

06-03-2011

Holy ****.... Last night I was partying with a friend, and then I wake up today to my Wife and buddy smacking me with pillows like "WTF you're still asleep it's like 3:30 in the afternoon get up!"

I come in here and Opera has a bunch of tabs open, and I have almost no memory.

I'm not sure if I was the one who actually posted most of the **** in this thread, because the spelling and grammar look WAY to good for what I said, and there's no way I was sober enough to actually type THAT good.

Umm.... I'm not sure if I said most of that or not, so to whoever got annoyed, sorry, I'm not like that. My friend is pretty hung over today and he does use my Computer from time to time, but he as pretty messed up too so it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I obviously don't have much in the way of proving I did or didn't do anything, other than I can say if you look at my profile, and look at all of my posts I've made, most of them are me helping people, not insulting them. And quite a few times I've gone out of my way on here to help someone out. So I guess that's the only real proof I have.

Just look at the posts I've made over the last few months. You'll probably notice that I don't insult people very often, and that I actually try to help people out with issues on here all the time. That's all I can say really.

-confused

SaberChan

06-03-2011

Man...people sure do complaint and trash talk about everything, don't they?

The guy...um...whoever started this post was obviously not informed in CC area and SlackWareWolf was just giving him infos that guy wasn't aware of along with reasonable proofs.

And what does SlackWareWolf get? bunch of trash replies about how serious he gets.

To me, it looks like you trash talkers think SlackWareWolf is boasting about who he is and what he's capable of.

Hey, learn to respect what he is capable of instead of trash talking someone who's better than you.

And to be simple, don't be Jelly.

tachat

06-03-2011

What the hell are you talking about... I recently had my account stolen, I had no control of the account for weeks. But when I come back i see this? wtf is going on.. Riot just got my acct back if they knew i was a hacker why dont they ban me? :O just ignore it. it obviously didnt hurt anybody if ur the only one posting about this and u didnt have a credit card. im not a hacker i have my own money i buy my own RP! so leave me alone!!!!