RP hack.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheUnknownDeity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2011

A summoner by the name of tachat told me he could hack my RP but he needed my credit card. Luckily for me i didn't have one, nor would any of my parents allow me to use it. But he said its a bug where you can buy 25$ worth and get 14,000 RP. I don't know how true it is. But since he is asking for people's credit cards. I believe he is stealing their money. I didn't know where else to post this so i posted it here.

Sincerely,

Crawfishcooker

Khalahn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2011

He was phishing you, and the only thing you would have gotten from giving him your CC number is a maxed out credit card.

A Tomato Fan

06-02-2011

Sounds like he was phishing to me too. Was he posting this on the forums or in game? You can create a ticket and report this so we can get scum like him out of this community.

A Tomato Fan

06-02-2011

SlackWareWolf

06-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawfishcooker View Post
A summoner by the name of tachat told me he could hack my RP but he needed my credit card. Luckily for me i didn't have one, nor would any of my parents allow me to use it. But he said its a bug where you can buy 25$ worth and get 14,000 RP. I don't know how true it is. But since he is asking for people's credit cards. I believe he is stealing their money. I didn't know where else to post this so i posted it here.

Sincerely,

Crawfishcooker
Dude.... I REALLY Hope that you are joking and not this stupid.... You make it sound like you went and asked your parents to let you use THEIR credit Card to try this out.... This was called Phishing by some of the members here, but Phishing has Dignity to it when done right in the Hacker Culture, because it can be used for good things. As an example, I sometimes get hired to do Security tests. I BS my way on the phone into getting employees of a company to give me info by pretending I'm a System Admin and so on, and then write a report and the Company can better secure themselves from intrusion.

What YOU are describing, is basically Credit Card Fraud, and I recommend you save any proof you have that this happened, and contact someone in law enforcement.

That's Credit Card Fraud, and all you'd get from the dip **** who contacted you, would be a huge credit card bill and your credit ruined. Why would you ever even think someone would need your credit card number if they could actually "hack" Riot's Servers?

I'm a Hacker. I'm one of the good guys. I help protect people online who don't know how for a fee. I have had clients all over the place who sadly could be tricked into almost anything. To this day my Mom thinks it's funny whenever anyone asks about a guy named Tom working for AT&T, knowing full well it's one of the names I've used to Social Engineer people.

See, with power like that comes responsibility; I don't abuse my "power" because I don't feel like sitting in a prison cell, and I also don't think it's right to flat out ruin someone's life. That and the great money you make as a security consultant kind of helps me sleep at night knowing I'm not one of those *******s.

Don't EVER give Credit Card info to ANYONE EVER who says they can hack anything. Believe me when I tell you this:

NO Hacker on this planet NEEDS your Credit Card if they can do HALF of what they say they can. I don't break Riot's Servers because I like being able to play it, and they haven't hired me to try. But if they did, and I found a way into the RP, I sure as hell wouldn't need a credit card.

Praethon

06-02-2011

Cut him some slack, he sounds like a kid.

But yea, RIOT will never ask you for your credit card number via chat/email/etc. Only trust secure payments via the store. But to be safer, buy the cards since they are becoming more and more available. That way mom and dad don't have to give you the third degree trying to figure out what you want to do with their credit card.

SlackWareWolf

06-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praethon View Post
Cut him some slack, he sounds like a kid.

But yea, RIOT will never ask you for your credit card number via chat/email/etc. Only trust secure payments via the store. But to be safer, buy the cards since they are becoming more and more available. That way mom and dad don't have to give you the third degree trying to figure out what you want to do with their credit card.
I did cut him Slack I thought. It's better to have me being stern and telling him exactly what COULD happen, than it actually happening and his Parents losing their house to a Mortgage they didn't know they had.

I usually deal with adults in my work I admit, but any kid who's online ever should at least take some time to learn safety. I don't think that's asking for too much. My kids will for sure be proving to me they deserve to go online before I let them. My Wife and I both Majored in Computer Science, and though She is stronger in Programming and Hardware than I am, I am stronger in Security and Operating Systems. It's amazing how our skill compliment each other's. We both play LoL too. Even though we can't get on right now because of the Queue and all that.

Cardox

06-02-2011

And always remember kids, never talk to strangers.

Count Loki

Recruiter

06-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackwarewolf View Post

i'm a hacker. I'm one of the good guys.

[if] i found a way into the rp, i sure as hell wouldn't need a credit card.
lmao

DixieNormus

06-02-2011

Slackware: TL;DR