HUD skill display

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chubbs McGee

08-31-2009

I dislike how the +1 pops out near the abilities. The first time I played, it actually took me awhile to realize that's how you're supposed to add points (If I didn't play dota I probably would've missed it completely.). So, I would be satisfied if you made the +1s slightly more noticeable.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Codfish

08-31-2009

This is a bit of a contrasting opinion, but I thought the +1 by the abilities is pretty convenient for adding skills. That having been said, in my first LoL game, I didn't realize that the +1's were for increasing skill levels. It would be nice to give first time players some sort of heads-up notice upon their first level up:

My suggestion is a bit of text that appears in the middle of the screen, something that reads like: "Your hero has levelled up! You can level up one skill point using the +1's by the respective skill icon." To prevent the screen of the experienced player from being spammed, you could add an option to remove this and other help notices.

Having to go through submenus is a bit hazardous in DoTA: for example, if I was planning a gank as soon as I levelled (or planning to level midgank, put a skill point in and kill w/ an upgraded nuke or something), there is the chance that I would hit a hotkey wrong and level the skill incorrectly, or not chain my spells. After playing a few games of LoL, I found the +1's more convenient and altogether quicker than the skill levelling in DoTA.