Mpen 14 66.67%
Arpen 3 14.29%
Attack Speed 0 0%
HP 4 19.05%
Armor 0 0%
Magic Resist 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Marks for Shen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rubix Cuban

06-01-2011

I'm curious what marks you guys use for Shen.

Do you use Mpen to make Vorpal Blade and Ki Strike hit harder, run resist/HP because you don't focus dealing dmg, or do you like Arpen for easier last hits and harassing?

I've been considering AS Marks as well, just to get Ki Strikes off faster during teamfights.

What do you guys think?

FaerellG

06-01-2011

HP/Resist
You're a tank.

Rubix Cuban

06-01-2011

bump for some more opinions

Jun41

06-01-2011

Magic Pen. Quite a burst with ki strike and Q. HP/Resist can be covered by items, but not many Mpen items give resists and hp (Abyssal on Shen is ok sometimes, when enemy team is magic heavy)

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2011

I find he is best in jungle, especially since you can instantly save anyone at level 6 anyway. Because of this I use flat armor penetration.

Pyrinoc

06-01-2011

If you're jungling with him, go ArPen, otherwise go with the MPen.

Rubix Cuban

06-01-2011

Thanks for the input everyone

Tsurugimaster

06-01-2011

I use Magic Penetration on Shen just for Vorpal Blade and Ki Strike.

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2011

Mpen to increase your harrassment and damage with vorpal blade and your passive. See this Shen Guide

Snaketeeth01

06-01-2011

Mpen.

If you are considering any other rune to get last hits to farm forget it, just use vorpal to last hit minions. It may not be greatly enhanced by the Mpen, but it will leaving a bigger mark on champs when you are tossing vorpals for 200mgc dmg each without any AP.

Shen should not be played straight as a "tank" shen can be a great support if used that way. By using E Q W combo your Q will be ready to use again, and as long as you have at least some energy per 5 second glyphs, and blue buff, you can use E Q W Q combo on top of your ki strike to land a rather signficant hit.

Although I build my shen as tank, Tmail, sunfire as my core. Don't underestimate the power of a voidstaff. Especially if you are not in a heavy AP team, the enemy will feel no strong need to build MR, so your vorpal will be landing high damage hits on a low CD. Improving your AP will increase the damage to vorpal, your personal shield W. The shield of your ult, and will also increase the life-tap on vorpal blades. Which will add a noticible health regen per 5 to all your mates hitting that target practically negating any bleed effects (kat, teemo, gangplank, miss fortune).