Gragas & Higher

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dw im here

06-13-2010

I am starting pick up Gragas and he's pretty good. How do you build him ? I get a RoA - Treads - Rylai's - and then the ring. The thing is, even though I have a lot of HP, it doesn't matter because I don't have any armor. Where should I add in a veil or GA in the build..or am I building him wrong?

Samenko

06-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecK View Post
I am starting pick up Gragas and he's pretty good. How do you build him ? I get a RoA - Treads - Rylai's - and then the ring. The thing is, even though I have a lot of HP, it doesn't matter because I don't have any armor. Where should I add in a veil or GA in the build..or am I building him wrong?
It is widely acknowledged that gragas shines more in the Tank/AD role, but if you are set on the AP route (which can be quite fun, gogo barrels!) then throw a glacial shroud after rod of ages. It provides much needed cooldown as well as armor. You can proceed to frozen heart after if there are a lot of right-click heroes on the other team (Yi, TF, etc). Maybe grab a meja's in between if you're team is doing quite well, its easy to snag some assists as gragas. After that, stack your AP and blast away man.

MindChild

06-13-2010

Hmm.. Isnt locket very nice on Gragas too?

Eaglesfan

06-13-2010

dont go AP... Go tank/ad or straight tank

Samenko

06-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan View Post
dont go AP... Go tank/ad or straight tank
As I quoted earlier, haha.

"Don't play the game to have fun ****it! Do what you are supposed to do!"

Play AP. Toss barrels all over the friggin place. It's actually quite fun, haha.

Samenko

06-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindChild View Post
Hmm.. Isnt locket very nice on Gragas too?
I honestly think it is a waste of gold no matter who you get it on... well, perhaps maybe excepting udyr.

If you are thinking about the solo benefits of locket combined with your passive, a spirit visage is much cheaper and synergizes better, with your passive and for the reduced cooldown. It does have some team benefits, but when massive team battles are happening the piddly regen it provides is almost negligable (my opinion, anyway).

dw im here

06-13-2010

AP ratios looked pretty beast, but if I were to go offtank ad..how do I start?

Klaphat

06-13-2010

if you play AP gragas your first item should always be soulstealer... the snowball effect will be quite impressive... when you reach 13-14 stacks however the enemy will know to buy magic resistance and gragas will lose some of his killing power...

have never played him as tank, or AD hero, so can't help you there, but nashors tooth looks like a winner to me, since AP/cd = caster and the attack speed = crazyness with the damageboost from drunken brawler

Si Voltron

06-13-2010

AD gragas starts with trinity force the chance of slowing gives your a chance of being able to use your E again. you get some ms and attack speed from zeal, and with sheen and your W skill he destorys turrets.
then you can grab a starks, nashor, banshe what ever the enemies skills requires you to buy

Napalm Backflip

06-13-2010

I too have been wondering about Gragas. I've been playing him a fair bit lately. Mostly go Fiendish Codex, to RoA, to Lichbane for beefy hits. But I'd like to build him a little bit more tanky. Having barrels that hit hard is nice, but I'd rather smack people with my enormous gut and live to tell about it.