Thoughts on potential Shen item builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gun fu panda

03-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat dat chammich View Post
You say to stack Sunfire and then say that he is not a stand in and tank style....doesn't that contradict itself. Sunfire is only good if you can stand in the middle of multiple people for a while. Hit and run items are stuff like Rylai's, DFG, and Lichbane.
Yeah, I'm rethinking the sunfire capes. Probably get a Leviathan and Guardian Angel instead. Maybe a Rylai's.

Stormsoul

03-24-2010

i think Trinity Force is pretty epic on shen. Maybe not with a pure tank build but on a hybrid tank/dps build it seemed to work really nicely. Leviathan is pretty awesome as well on him.

last game i went

Dorans shield

Phage

boots 1

Leviathan

boots 1 - merc treads

sheen / zeal = trinity force

Aegis (enemy annie got fed, team was lacking mag resist)

we lost but i was doing fairly well.. Shen seems to be pretty great early/mid game but it kind of seemed to me that he lost alot of his steam around late game.

Kaeles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2010

I've been thinking of running this build.

Warmog's build first of course.
boots 1
Rylia's for HP Boost AP boost and also a nice slow to get in close with.
Boots of Swiftness
Frozen Mallet
Phantom Dancers
And probably a sunfire cape or a good defensive item.

Also i reckon maxing out vorpal blade for harrasment and feint for dmg mitigation and 1 point in shadow dash for an escape/intiate, cause even tho he needs high health to be viable, or at least his pasive tells us that, he'll be squishy till late game me thinks unless u max feint and keep ur distance with vorpal blade.

Nizahma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2010

The two builds I've tried/seen work well on him are:

1. Doran Shield
  2. Sunfire
  3. Boots of Swiftness
  4. Thornmail
And:
  1. Doran Shield
  2. Aegis of Legion
  3. Ninja Tabi
  4. Frozen Mallet
Beyond that in either build you could fill in items as needed, some that I've used/considered in games with shen are:
  1. Warmong
  2. Force of Nature
  3. Atma's Spear
It all really dependent on the game, how farmed you get and where the other team's strengths are. I really like the first build, as it's great for team fights and farming, but I think if you're solo queue'ing you may have better luck with the second one, as it's more self-reliant.

/2cents

Ender22

03-24-2010

i realize this is a little different then what eveyone's thinking.
doran's shield
ninja tabi
warmog's
bloodthirster
sunfire cape
thornmail

the bloodthirster would complement his vorpal blade nicely and add some much needed hit power.