Kogmaw builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Froztd

05-31-2011

AD or AP? AD seems like it can actually carry, but AP has the added bonus of survivability and a nasty nuke. Not sure what is the standard since I've seen both. How are high elo players building him? Kog seems UP. (under played)

Drejul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2011

Because I love building AP, I do AP Kog. The difference between going AD or AP on champions that are viable with both, is what kind of style do you want to play, and, what does your team need? When I play my AP Kog, I get ALOT of burst, from 3 burst abilities. Then there's his W which makes his auto attacks actually hurt.

Also, AP or AD is not limited to Kog. It's possible to own with AP Trynd, WW, Trist, Amumu, Nunu, basically anyone with 3+ AP scaling abilities. Learning new strategies is gaining experience. Which makes you a better player.

Death Aura

05-31-2011

I've tried a few builds on him. AP is really strong but has really bad lane dominance. AD is extremely powerful but its hard to get to lategame. If you go with an infinity edge + PD/BloodRazor/LW, you will pretty much win assuming you make it to lategame. I've had some really turn around games with kog recently. If you can wip out an IE quickly and get red, you've pretty much won.

IE + double PD
IE + Madreds + LW
IE + LW + Bveil
IE + Madreds + Bveil
etc...

Pretty much situational for whatever you need. I usually start out with 3 dorans blades and a zerkers before then. Most of the time I will got IE + PD, unless the scenario calls for killing really tanky guys faster (LW and Madreds) or if I need more beefiness from and AoE rape team ( IE, mercs, zeal, Bveil)

Also, kog loves support champions.

Edit: Hotshots been playing him some recently too, you should probably check it out.