Trying to be polite to others...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuckMyDuck

05-31-2011

It just doesn't work due to the fact that my teammates will take anything I say and twist it as if I'm trying to ridicule them, then they proceed to start blabbering at me like an illiterate whos vocabulary only consists, of the n word, the phrase "ur mom" and swears.

..Should I just not even bother trying to talk and give up at it?

Hey Aqualung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2011

maybe if you werent so condescending, mr high n mighty

pika7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillette Series View Post
maybe if you werent so condescending, mr high n mighty
its quite possible that people can still detect that you dont really respect them at all.
be genuinely nice!

Logios

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckMyDuck View Post
It just doesn't work due to the fact that my teammates will take anything I say and twist it as if I'm trying to ridicule them, then they proceed to start blabbering at me like an illiterate whos vocabulary only consists, of the n word, the phrase "ur mom" and swears.

..Should I just not even bother trying to talk and give up at it?
It's called self victimization. They take something harmless or well meaning and twist it in their mind to make themselves a victim. This happens with people that have extremely low self esteem. Some examples of this are people that say "Don't tell me how to play!" when you give some advice or people that get mad because the other team said "GG" after they won.

smokin thrills

05-31-2011

maybe you should consider a name change to something less trollish

SuckMyDuck

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Tornado View Post
maybe you should consider a name change to something less trollish
Well, Pendragon said he'd change my name. I told him that he could change it to whatever Riot pleases. This was quite some months ago. He deleted me and the topic never got brought up again.

Also, I'm trying to be sincere to others. I'm not trying to act like a bossy team leader or anything that makes it seem that I'm trying to take full control of their actions.

Also, this name isn't trying to be trollish... It has a personal backstory to it.