Trueshot barrage is the best example of a well designed ult.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NougetTime

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiralune View Post
Ashe's ult is much more rewarding. The stun is very powerful, no matter what the range, and thanks to it being instantaneous, it takes far less skill than Ez's ult. As much as i'd love your damage comment, Ez's ult is only BONUS AD, so until late-game, the rewards between the two skills fall squarely in Ashe's favor.

Ez's ult also requires more skill, in that to do the right damage, he has to avoid hitting ANY minions, lest he ends up hitting that champion with a 30% weaker ult. Ashe's ult has no such drawbacks.

I still think Ez's ult should be more like 0.7 total AD, rather than Bonus AD, or less damage decrease per hit, but that's me.
But Ezreal's ult can't come back to bite him in the ass. It is a well known trick to let the person with a CC breaker get hit by the arrow and take em by surprise. Works especially well with alistar etc. It is way better then Ez if it hits a squishy yes, but if it wasn't better there then whats the point?

Digleto

05-31-2011

Akali no skill?
did you watch the qualifiers?

NougetTime

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digleto View Post
Akali no skkill?
did you watch the qualifiers?
Akali takes skill, not the ultimate, but i removed her from the list anyway.

bootyquake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2011

Cass's ult is mostly a defensive maneuver that hard counters melee DPS or assassins who charge in at her. A Cass who runs into the middle of a team fight to ult is just doing it wrong. I love her ultimate.

Akali's ultimate is extremely good and has incredible synergy with the rest of her skills. Really gives her the feel of being a ninja.

I agree Jax's ultimate isn't the best, but not all ultimates have to be OMGWTF moves and if anything that would be just as bland.

Eliras

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiralune View Post
Ashe's ult is much more rewarding. The stun is very powerful, no matter what the range, and thanks to it being instantaneous, it takes far less skill than Ez's ult. As much as i'd love your damage comment, Ez's ult is only BONUS AD, so until late-game, the rewards between the two skills fall squarely in Ashe's favor.

Ez's ult also requires more skill, in that to do the right damage, he has to avoid hitting ANY minions, lest he ends up hitting that champion with a 30% weaker ult. Ashe's ult has no such drawbacks.

I still think Ez's ult should be more like 0.7 total AD, rather than Bonus AD, or less damage decrease per hit, but that's me.
Ezreal's ult still hits like a ****ing truck, what is wrong with you?