Trueshot barrage is the best example of a well designed ult.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NougetTime

05-31-2011

In my humble opinion, an ultimate should not just be a stronger version of your skills, but should require a few more things:

1. Skill: Ezreal's trueshot barrage has a lot of warning (AAARRRGGGGHHHH) and does less damage for every hit unit. Plus nothing beats the "nice shot!" your teammate gives you.

2. High-reward: Not only does it synergize with his passive very nicely, it does a considerable amount of damage, and now scales to a degree with both his primary and secondary builds.

3. Counter-play: You can dodge it, and if he's foolish enough to use it close you can even punish him for it.

4. It follows the flow of the character (Long range ult, long range character)

It's alot more fun when ultimate's have all three of these under there belt. Another good example would be Lux's space laser. We need more of these and less of:

Jax: No skill, no real counter play but CC him and hope his stacks come off, its reward is you get to auto attack some more...yeaaa!

Edit: Akali was here, but its debatable i guess. Still dont like it but its probably just my opinion there.

Cass: Requires some skill and timing, Countered by turning your back, can be high reward, BUT you have to go melee range for a caster, this makes the ult rarely worth it. (No i didn't forget about kennan, although i kinda like his ult, its bad by design and makes you get zhonya's.)

TLR Everyone likes a high reward ult that takes skill and has good counterplay to negate it.

Matteo391

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2011

pro tl:dr

Edit:awwww you fixed

it was TLR before

Edit edit: Oh sweet he changed it back

NougetTime

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteo391 View Post
pro tl:dr
I did not mean to make the , w/e ill put it back

Knote

05-31-2011

So you want all ultimates to just be one big "attack" that fits with the theme of the character?

NougetTime

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knote View Post
So you want all ultimates to just be one big "attack" that fits with the theme of the character?
In a way yes, Is using jax ult fun? Is using alistar's ult really that fun?

Now is using crowstorm fun? Is spacelaser? Is Veigar's? Yes

Eppa

05-31-2011

My favourite is fiddles, it gives the other team a chance to comeback and it also gives your team a chance to make a comeback.

Xemeron

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NougetTime View Post
TLR Everyone likes a high reward ult that takes skill and has good counterplay to negate it.

No, not all!
People who play Vlafdimir prefere high reward spells that cant even go wrong in any case^^

BTW: My favorite Ultimate is Lux KAMEHAMEHAAAAAA

NougetTime

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppa View Post
My favourite is fiddles, it gives the other team a chance to comeback and it also gives your team a chance to make a comeback.
Because it has multiple ways of countering it through its channel and fiddles rather slow MS. Yet its risk-reward is very high and using it right can get you the win. Thus, its a fun ult

fuffychan

05-31-2011

Karthus

Nuff said.

iHateDisGame

Recruiter

05-31-2011

Agreed.

TF's ultimate is amazingly fun to use as well.