Instant Casting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SachVeritas

05-04-2014

Right now, instant casting (As I call it) is listed as the "Show range indicators when Quickcasting" option located in the "Hotkeys" tab.

What I'm suggesting is: "Show range indicators" should be listed as its own cast type like Normal/Quick cast so that we can mix it with quick cast instead of every ability having/not having range indicators.

Ex. Pantheon
Q, W, and E all on Instant Cast (Showing no range indicator)
R however is on Quick cast so that you can see the range

I play pantheon alot and I know this'll help out a little bit. Most likely will benefit other champions too eh? Example from Smite included to give another idea of what I mean.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ExampleFromSmite.png
Views:	45
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	958961  

Chiliad Nodi

05-05-2014

I've been wanting this feature for a while. This would be awesome for item slots, so you can smart cast wards while "instant casting" everything else.

watbesh

05-06-2014

EDIT - It seems I just misunderstood the OP. This post is not really a proper reply here.

I found 'Use Default' option in the attached image.
Does this mean, if your suggestion is implemented, I will be able to cast always-instant spells like Karthus'Q (and possibly even Soraka's Q) with Normal/Quick Casting instead of Instant Casting? That would be really nice to me.

SachVeritas

05-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiliad Nodi View Post
I've been wanting this feature for a while. This would be awesome for item slots, so you can smart cast wards while "instant casting" everything else.
Yeah, warding is just a pain without those range indicators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watbesh View Post
I found 'Use Default' option in the attached image.
Does this mean, if your suggestion is implemented, I will be able to cast always-instant spells like Karthus'Q (and possibly even Soraka's Q) with Normal/Quick Casting instead of Instant Casting? That would be really nice to me.
Not exactly what that option means. The game I took this from (Smite) allows you to configure key bindings in or out of the game, whereas you have to be in-game or tamper with the input file here in league (Essentially still be in or out of the game, but you get my point ~_~). Whatever option you chose outside of the game is the "Use Default" option ingame (Really not to sure about this. Patching smite up so I can make sure but it does makes sense.)

As for Karthus, Soraka, and any other champion with a forced instant cast ability:
If this feature gets implemented, MAYBE Riot will allow a switch to quick cast for those abilities.

tl;dr : No, thats not what it means, but it could work if rito (pls) allows it to.

SachVeritas

05-19-2014

Would appreciate more feedback

bump.

SachVeritas

06-04-2014

bump

Rito pls.