(Hero Suggestion) Daederomous, The Unholy Warrior

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koragon

03-24-2010

Story:
Daederomous, extremely feared warrior. The Unholy Warrior, the crusher of souls, the decimator of enternity. Large warrior of destruction, able to topple any being in his path. Daederomous once served the Noxus empire, serving as the emporer's personal knight, 1500 years ago. Daedermous's past is filled with mystery. Some say that he is nothing but a husk, fighting for itself. Some say he simply exsists as a challange to all other warriors in the world. But, most others say he is simply immortal, and he seeks his fair challange. Daederomous, whatever the reasons he exsists, he now joins the League.

Sounds:

(Moving)
-"I will crush all opponents in my path..."
-"Move away fools, Daederomous clears the way!"
-"I am your god... Fear me."

(Attacking)
-"Your soul will be mine!"
-"You will fall!"
-"Oragnus is my blade, and you will feel it's strength!"

(Just clicking)
-"Yes, Summoner?"
-"I am ready for your order."
-"I will destroy them summoner, only if you let me."

(Joke)
-"I'm bad... Bad to the bone."

Item Suggestions:

-Regrowth Pendant
-Mercury Treads
-Leviathan
-Aegis of the Legion
-Warmorg's Armor
-Force of Nature

Stats:

Health: 950 (+86 per level)
Control: 0 (Control rises with his ability, Oragnus's Mark.)
Move Speed: 220
Armor: 30 (+2 per level)
Spell Block: 0 (+0 per level)
Critical Strike: 0 (+0 per level)
Health Regeneration: 0.80 (+0.15 per level)
Mana Regeneration: 0 (+0 per level)

Tank

Attack: 8
Health: 10
Spell: 0
Difficulty: 10
Attack Speed: 1

Abilities:

-The God (Passive): Daederomous is a master of defence, and fortitude. For every minion kill he makes, he get's +5 health points. For every Champion kill, he gains +100.

-Oragnus's Mark: Daedeormous marks an opponent. When he fights the marked opponent, he gains defence. If anyone else tries to fight Deaderomous's mark, they will get hurt. (For every hit done to an opponent, Daedermous gains Control. The mark is two swords crossed together.)

Defence Gained: +20/30/40/50/60
Damage done to allies: 25/45/65/85/105
Cost: 0/0/0/0/0 control
Range: 600/600/600/600/600
Cooldown: 20/20/20/20/20

-Call to battle: Daederomous targets a certain enemy, slowing dragging them towards him. If an ally hits the dragged opponent, they will recieve damage. When the target is dragged in front of Daederomous, his damage rises.

Attack increase: +25/+35/+45/+55/+65
Damage done to allies: 45/65/85/105/125
Cost: 50/50/50/50/50 control
Range: 500/500/500/500/500
Cooldown: 25/25/25/25/25
Damage increase time: 1/1.5/2/2.5/3

-Cleaving Strike: Daederomous rushes forward quickly, slicing forward in a giant arc, dealing great aoe damage. For each point in armor, the ability gains another point in damage.

Damage: 50/100/140/175/200
Range: 300/300/300/300/300
Cost: 25/25/25/25/25
Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/10

-Master Of Battle (Ultimate):
Passive: Daederomous's blade glows red, shinging with a fury for battle. Daederomous's attacks now do extra magic damage based on his health bonus from his passive. For each attack landed, Daederomous get's increased armor.

Minion/Creep kill damage plus: +0.5 (For each killed Creep and Minion) -50%
Champion kill damage plus: 5 (For each killed Champion) -50%
Armor Bonus: +1/+1.5/+2 per hit (10 stacks is the limit.)

Active: Daederomous is able to phase to a location near him of his choosing.

Range: 300/350/400
Cost: 50/50/50 control
Cooldown: 10/10/10

Tips:

(Playing as)
-Daederomous is extremely slow, and he is a champion who requires tons of teamwork. This hero is definatly not suggested to a new comer, and must be used by an adept.
-Tell your allies when you are dragging someone or marking them, or they will suffer damage.
-Use the massive health and slowness to your advantage. Baiting with Daederomous will be extremely usefull.

(Playing against)
-Daederomous is a master of 1 on 1 combat, do not take him on unless in a group.
-If Daederomous get's fed, he is an absolute menace.
-Daederomous is very slow, and has very slow attack speed. Use this to your advantage.

The artwork is NOT mine. It is a visual to kind of show what he looks like. I give Riot entireity to this Champion, I only wish for credit and a chance to work for them.

LilMonsta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2010

I like your OP Morderkaiser Shen Katarina!

stickblade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMonsta View Post
I like your OP Morderkaiser Shen Katarina!
You forgot Sion and Blitzcrank.

My feedback: stats too high, passive too OP. Maybe 1 hp per minion kill, 5 for champion. Skills that damage allies are a no-no.

Koragon

03-24-2010

You do realize what 220 movement speed is? It's being slowed by Nasus's Wither on you, constantly.

Koragon

03-24-2010

But yes, I agree the passive can be toned down. But, you need to realize that the low movement speed makes him almost absolutely unable to kill anything.

AntiGoD

03-26-2010

Ok. The passive now is very op. If you get into a longer game and have a great famr you can get about 200 minions killed which are your first 1000 hp (by a passive!!). For a champion kill you get 100 hp, that's more than leviathan gives you (per stack 32 x2 for assist or kill = 64). So you build in another hp pool of around 2000 hp when the game ends... together with your items, you will be a hp monster of around 6000 hp and still can get massive armor or magic resist or what else. Sorry, but you can't counter that by reducing his movement speed to 220. you should nerf his passive to 1 per minion and 10 for champion and maybe 4 or 5 for an assist as your champion doesn't looks like a great hero killer.
So if you gonna nerf his passive, raise his movement speed again pls, 220 is very very low. I need ages to get to my lane turret with anivia (290), your minions will already spawned if you arrive at your turret O_O
The dmg to allies is something new and i actually like it. But it very gonna develop to a solo player as every teammate gonna be scared to get damaged by your spells. That's what makes you to a hero killer again now because noone wants to help you if you chase an enemy (which won't work with a low ms...)

So i really got to admit you have to totally overthink that champion. The stats are ridicoules (950 hp + 220 ms) and he has no crit chance?
His ultimate just works with your passive which has to get nerfed so overthink it again, maybe a percentage of your max hp.
And if you really want to give him such a low ms, also give him a op slow which damages your allies too^^ wow, i know i write pretty confusing, but it just fits to your champ, he's very confusing to me..

TheDeathstalker

03-26-2010

So, I'm going to be a bit harsh here but only because you seem intent on becoming good at doing this, so I'll be direct and meaningful in what I say.

The passive breaks the game's design philosophy. Name another passive (other than arguably TF's new passive) that has any longterm effects? There aren't any, unless I am missing something. Passives should be something useful and meaningful for your champion, and should not be something you build up or somesuch. I am not yet going to recommend anything as of yet, but look at other passives and design something in line with them (not a copy, but just something that fits in LoL)

The Q breaks a second design philosophy of LoL: No Greifing. I should never be able to cause more damage to occur to my allies, that's just a horrible idea with no reason. Drop it. Drop the whole skill, actually. And the concept of control. Why, you ask? because it's a useless replacement for mana that makes it so you have to get this useless skill before getting any others (no skill choice at lvl 1 = BAD) as otherwise you don't have any mana to cast them. So, unless you have reason, drop the control system and just play ball with everyone else in using mana.

The W breaks that same philosophy and the Q and adds another it breaks: Ranged pulls without Skill shot aspects. Yes, it's not a hard and fast rule, but it makes sense and is a generally good thing to follow. Rethink it, and make it smoother and more interesting (Why not a passive pull on an area around him that is weak, but can be activated to be stronger and grant +damage)

The E is fine, but bland. It just is.

The R is stupid broken, granting 1 additional damage for every 2 creeps he kills with no cap AND a blink? It just doesn't fit with anything else in the whole of LoL, and is truly horrid.

You know, I really don't see any of the logic behind this Champion. The very moment you think of making a Champion really good at something in exchange for something else (say, movespeed), you've already missed the point of it all. Your champions should never be too far removed from what's already in LoL. I don't mean this to say "clone Champs", as that's bad too, but moreover you need to create a unique persona, and develop it by looking at 4-5 other Champions who function in a similar role, and see how they do it, then find your own way of doing it while still staying withing the bounds provided.

At least until you get a champion that is nearly flawless in these regards, don't try to be too far out of the box. Gotta walk before you can run, and all that.

Fulleclipse

03-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koragon View Post

Abilities:

-The God (Passive): Daederomous is a master of defence, and fortitude. For every minion kill he makes, he get's +5 health points. For every Champion kill, he gains +100..
Like it was said before his passive is too strong. If it was 1HP per minion and 10HP per champion, then unless you have an awesome game the benefits will be about 150 extra HP a game (100 minions and 5 champions). Now if these extra HP were lost on death you might be able to bump them up some (it would be like a minor Cho fest) but you need to set a cap on it say 600 (to reach this your would need to be a ganking machine and never die) then minions could give you 5/10HP and Champs 15-20HP, but on death the benefits are lost.

Or for each Kill he gets an increase to his Health Regen per 5secs, say .1 per minion and .5 or 1 per Champion. This would cap at about 30HP Regen/5sec not alot but also not lost on death.

Quote:

-Oragnus's Mark: Daedeormous marks an opponent. When he fights the marked opponent, he gains defence. If anyone else tries to fight Deaderomous's mark, they will get hurt. (For every hit done to an opponent, Daedermous gains Control. The mark is two swords crossed together.)

Defence Gained: +20/30/40/50/60
Damage done to allies: 25/45/65/85/105
Cost: 0/0/0/0/0 control
Range: 600/600/600/600/600
Cooldown: 20/20/20/20/20
I have to agree witht he people above, if I have to worry about your abilities hurting me I dont want to lane with you. I would have this skill be somewhat likes Poppies but reversed. If anyone but the marked opponent hits Daedeormous then they take damage (10/15/20/25/30) + (AP ratio .2). The mark last about 4-8 secs. Or Make it just give him a DEF Bonus thats 50% of the targets (ie if they have 88 Armor Daederomous gets 44Armor) again with a time limit.

If used the first way I explained, then this ability gives you a free Sunfire Cape just no extra HP (which would be missed but its an ability).

If used the second way, makes him extra tanky in a good way you mark the enemy tank and all of a sudden you get a good chunk of effective life.

Quote:
-Call to battle: Daederomous targets a certain enemy, slowing dragging them towards him. If an ally hits the dragged opponent, they will recieve damage. When the target is dragged in front of Daederomous, his damage rises.

Attack increase: +25/+35/+45/+55/+65
Damage done to allies: 45/65/85/105/125
Cost: 50/50/50/50/50 control
Range: 500/500/500/500/500
Cooldown: 25/25/25/25/25
Damage increase time: 1/1.5/2/2.5/3
I would make this one a taunt that would cause damage to the other team as the Champions comes toward Daederomous. You get the caster in the back rank and they come after you, running through his front rank, and as he does all his allies get damaged as he "fights" passed them to get to you.

Quote:
-Cleaving Strike: Daederomous rushes forward quickly, slicing forward in a giant arc, dealing great aoe damage. For each point in armor, the ability gains another point in damage.

Damage: 50/100/140/175/200
Range: 300/300/300/300/300
Cost: 25/25/25/25/25
Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/10
A nice AoE but why do you get more damage from the more armor you have? With a cleave you are cutting things in two, if it was a charge I could see getting bonus damage with armor as your armor could be all spikey. I would remove the armor bit and just leave it as a basic AoE.

Quote:
-Master Of Battle (Ultimate):
Passive: Daederomous's blade glows red, shinging with a fury for battle. Daederomous's attacks now do extra magic damage based on his health bonus from his passive. For each attack landed, Daederomous get's increased armor.

Minion/Creep kill damage plus: +0.5 (For each killed Creep and Minion) -50%
Champion kill damage plus: 5 (For each killed Champion) -50%
Armor Bonus: +1/+1.5/+2 per hit (10 stacks is the limit.)

Active: Daederomous is able to phase to a location near him of his choosing.

Range: 300/350/400
Cost: 50/50/50 control
Cooldown: 10/10/10
Hhmmm dont know what to think about this Ult. Its a passive Ult with a built in Flash spell. If you want a Passive/Active then I'd go for a bonus to hit/damage based on his passive (the 1st suggested change) like 10%. Then when he activates it becomes 70-100% for the next 5ish secs. Or it could raise his DEF by that amount.

Or if used with the regen aspect of the passive then make it 50% for the passive side and then 300% for the active side. But that sounds weak for an Ult. So it needs to be better thought out.

One thing I try to keep away from is mimicing another abilty, especially one that is as highly discussed as Flash.

Also move speed can't be too low. I always regret getting slow champions. I know using boots can and will off set this somewhat, but at the start I dont want to get passed by my minions as I reach my second turret (and I started 1st).

I like the concept, I just think his abilities need work. And stay with a system that is inplace: Mana use, High CD's, Health sacrifice or Shens Energy system.

But these are just my opinions. Again Nice Concept.