How long does refer a friend take to update?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elite Midget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2011

I can only see the e-mail but I'm sure they've leveled to at least 3 by now. Doesn't even give me a user name in the status page.

Wrenchman Golin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Wrenchmen

05-31-2011

Please be aware that sending an email is not enough, the referred account must use your referral link as well--that's the most important part. It can take up to 48 hours for the levels to update in the system and a little longer for the rewards to be credited.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

05-31-2011

Also referrals need to reach level 5 for you to receive credit for a referral, this is to prevent farming RAF rewards by making new accounts.

ProductOfFallout

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
Also referrals need to reach level 5 for you to receive credit for a referral, this is to prevent farming RAF rewards by making new accounts.
you mean deter farming right? back in the old system when you only have to get to level 5, that takes about 2 hours. in 2.0 where you have to get to 10, if someone wanted to they could run multiple computers using a bot and probably get 6 to 10 accounts to level 10 per day. There is nothing preventing people from farming it, it just isnt as easy as coming up with 100+ usernames and creating the accounts. getting to level 5 5k times to get the permanent unlock of all current and future content with a determined person running at least 3 computers they could probably get that in like a month.