Release Notes v1.0.0.81

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morjtikux

03-23-2010

Quote:
Heimerdinger
  • H-28G Evolution Turret (remake)
    • Green turrets now spawn at level 3 and 4 of this skill, reducing Armor and Magic Resist on hit. Red Turrets spawn at level 5 and cause area of effect damage on hit.
    • Turrets damage increased to 28/36/44/52/60 from 20/26/32/38/44
    • Turrets now attack 50% faster for the first 6 seconds after placement
    • Max turrets lowered to 1/2/2/3/3 from 2/3/4/5/6
    • New missile particles added for green and red turrets
  • Hextech Micro-Rockets
    • Cooldown reduced to 10 seconds at all levels from 20
    • Rockets now hit the 3 nearest enemy minions or Champions, instead of just Champions
    • Fires 3 rockets at all levels
    • Ability Power Coefficient reduced to 0.55 from 0.8 to accomodate the significant cooldown reduction
    • Base damage reduced to 85/135/185/235/285 from 90/150/210/270/330
  • UPGRADE!!! (remake)
    • UPGRADE!!! retains the 10/15/20% cooldown reduction passive
    • On activation, all existing Evolution Turrets are healed for 100% of their max hit points. In addition, all existing Evolution Turrets begin fire 20/25/30% movement slowing missiles for 10 seconds.
    • Mana cost 90 at all levels
    • Cooldown is 120/105/90

I see you are giving heimer some form of twisted loving... 1-3 turrets with less range than most ranged dps.. and still on a awefull long Cool down. Lowering the total damage output as a whole. Lowered usefulness with missles Can't use them to plague champs anymore.. minions with just absorb um all. Nice Ultimate but if the turrets dont last but a couple secs in aoe team fights or even in team fights in general how much use is it really going to be?

Lower base armor and movement speed than a glass cannon (like ryze) or a support (like Janna). So he lack in combat vs all other class types so that leaves him to be an assisin which your bullets "Turrets now attack 50% faster for the first 6 seconds after placement" and "On activation, all existing Evolution Turrets are healed for 100% of their max hit points. In addition, all existing Evolution Turrets begin fire 20/25/30% movement slowing missiles for 10 seconds. " suggest that he must drop trow and pray.

All and all I would have to say you still have alot of work to do to make this character on par with most other champions.

Kadzin

03-23-2010

yays a patch.
and Ezreal got a buff lol.
Interested to see how Shen is going to turn out.

Bladecom

03-23-2010

Quote:
Did you think about jungleing with heimer? with 50% CR he will be raping the woods without having to leave a trail of turrets behind him.
I already jungle with heimer, one grenade kills the ghosts, and setting one one turret at golem wasn't an issue because i had 5 others doing their job.. I don't need rockets to do that.

Quote:
The new ulti is great. No more mandatory heal summoner spell.
I brought Flash and Clarity most of the time, Heal was never that important, if they die - Rebuild, it's a 9 sec cool down for me.

Quote:
I used to always start with missles if I was vs a low hp character, or turrets if I was against a higher hp character or another heimer. Dropping two turrets before the minions get there is a terrible move. Always place (at least) the 2nd one after the minions are there. I've taken control of mid from other heimers so many times when they place both turrets because I can FF their turrets and place mine much closer in, which helps take down his turrets quicker. I push other heimers back into their tower most of the time, and grenade it 1/4-1/2 way down before top/bot comes up to help me finish it off.
I disagree with your early game tatics, setting up two turrets, before minons spawn was better IMO. Namely because you level up right after you kill the first 5 or 6 minons if you solo mid, so you rocket right after, assuming they have 2-3 creeps left. Not only that, but you are able to replace one turret during the first wave, you still have 2 during the 2nd wave. It flows a lot better then just rockets at the start. However now you can never test that out to see for yourself, and not only that you only have one turret at level 1, and you might as well put it down with the creep wave for it's attack speed.

Quote:
Rocket base damage reduction was minor, and they do much more dps early when you need to take out a way of creeps to defend your turrets/tower.
rockets base damage makes it lose about 60ish.. that's a lot considering you also lost AP damage as well.

I mean, I don't want to brag, but I could usually maintain 20 stacks on a soul stealer late game, I also have deathfire, and 9% cool down reduction from masterie, so I was set with cool downs.

I just don't get how they could nerf him, when the community considered him a joke like Janna, but don't touch people who are problems in the game like Jax.

akarami

03-23-2010

Hiemer seems useless now missles hit minions so BS then 3 turrets max to low 4 minium now he is jsut going to be so weak

StevoPhilo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2010

I wished they actually buffed AP Ezreal a bit instead of AD. I just see Ezreal as a skill person, which in my mind thinks AP ,which is how I've always played em! I just enjoy AP more cause I'm a caster!

Asko

03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by akarami View Post
Hiemer seems useless now missles hit minions so BS then 3 turrets max to low 4 minium now he is jsut going to be so weak
I think it is a good thing that they finally made Heimerdinger require some skills.

Ezreal didnt need those spell buffs, only survivability =/

quitetroublesome

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisleu View Post
"..."
Long story short, lol @ Bladecom.

Snotball

03-23-2010

It cracks me up how people keep saying that ezreal needed the buff, they obviously arent good at playing a skillshot character. or maybe their lag issues effect their game. Ez did not need that buff because he is already a strong, well rounded hero. maybe a little too strong late game but still a great hero.

Since Ez is my new main im very happy to see the multitude of small buffs he got. its awesome! i'll be owning even harder on the morrow! As for the rest of the patch. i felt it to be satisfactory for the most part. maybe a little bit on the sub par side. Its been 6 months since release and we still only have 1 main map. and 1 5v5 blind pick gametype. i would love to see more maps out on the horizon. this "twisted treeline beta" thing got old fast. its a good map and its nearly complete. balance out the lanes if you have too! just put out new flavor for our matchmaking!

Crimson Binome

03-23-2010

So when can we expect blitzcrank not to be able to pull through walls?

New maps?

Kudoz

03-23-2010

Woohoo Scorpion and Subzero Shen!!!!