What does this team need?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etherimp

06-01-2011

For ranked matches, need advice on team comp:

1. Ashe (AD Carry)
2. Anivia (AP Carry)
3. Nunu (Jungler/OffTank)

What would best round off this team?

Amumu (Tank)
Jana (Support)
Tryndamere (Hard AD Carry)

Any other suggestions would be appreciated as well. We don't really have any players who play Tryndamere in our group of friends, but I am sure if the need arose we could find someone to take on the job. The only problem I see with going Amumu+Jana is our team would be rather heavy on the AP... Also, while Tryndamere is typically underpowered in ranked matches I think with all the slows this team has and all of the AOE damage he could really clean house. Another possible line up I was thinking...

Taric (As support/tank)
Tryndamere (Hard AD Carry)

This way you take Jana's role... But Taric lacks AOE, and he's not the best initiator nor does he have a lot of great poking ability (which the rest of the team does have).

Powerstoned

06-01-2011

If your anivia and ashe are good to solo top/mid, then janna is fine paired with a hard tank on bot. A better tank than amumu because you have nunu, who should take all the jungle buffs, which is what amumu needs to thrive. Amumu is not the strongest laner...ok he's usually a weak laner compared to most other "tankies".

My choices (I have to take away Rammus/Shen/Malphite assuming they'll be banned)
4. Singed/Gragas/Maokai/Sion/Taric/Nasus
5. Irelia/Tryn/Mundo/Jarvan/Renekton/Lee Sin/Pantheon

Eviant

06-01-2011

For the two I see, You don't seem to have an Assassin. Someone like Shac or Akali to get to the back lines, forcing those carries out.

Another thing you seem to be lacking is interrupts. Possibly tossing in Kassidin or Leblanc to add a silence and a slow could help. They are also good for the getting in and getting out part. As for the fifth person, What about an Olaf? Or a Xin. Brings in the AD again, with Xin giving easy initiation, AoE damage based on Max HP, and yet another Interrupt. Olaf brings a bit more beef, without losing too much damage, could replace the jungler if Nunu is ok Solo Laning. He seems to be a fairly strong solo laner, with consume and nasty slow. Olaf also brings 8 seconds of being immune to CC, adding another terror to their carry/Squishy characters. He can also clean up on the tanks well enough.

Tell me what you think of these ideas. The champ suggestions are just people that came to mind, sub them with whoever works for you guys.

imnotbono

06-01-2011

Definitely need an interrupt in there. Katarina would wreck your team with a properly placed shunpo/ult. You've got kiting every bit of the way, which is great for LoL, but you will need at least one reliable interrupt, ideally a stun.

Kutara

06-01-2011

I must not understand the idea of an interrupt. Please explain because it seems to me that this teams has stuns all over. Ashe, anivia, amumu, janna and taric all have stuns (these were listed as the possible champs in the original post).

And my own two cents... I think Maokai would be a good addition to the team based on what you're going for. AoE ult and a stun and knock back.

Etherimp

06-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotbono View Post
Definitely need an interrupt in there. Katarina would wreck your team with a properly placed shunpo/ult. You've got kiting every bit of the way, which is great for LoL, but you will need at least one reliable interrupt, ideally a stun.
Anivia has a stun (and her wall, which placed correctly can interrupt.)
Ashe has a stun.
Jana has a pushback and a knock-up.
Taric has a stun.
Amumu has a stun.

So, assuming we went:

Amumu, Ashe, Anivia, Nunu, Jana

We would have no less than 3 stuns, 1 pushback, 1 knockup, 3 slows, and 1 AOE snare.

As I said.. The only down-side to this team-comp is that it's 4/5 AP and only 1 AD. If Ashe doesn't get fed early, our DPS could be weak. What about a Nocturn instead of Nunu in jungle? I'm thinking...

Amumu top lane
Nocturn or Nunu Jungle
Anivia or Ashe Mid (Depending on their mid)
Anivia/Ashe and Jana Bottom lane (Again, depending on their mid.)

The only downside to that comp is less tankiness and more DPS, with a great support. Also, Nocturn replaces Nunu's slow with fear. Thing is, I kind of want to keep Nunu in the mix for his AOE burst, off-tankiness, and overall sustainability. So that leaves us with replacing Jana with an AD carry of some kind; which is why I thought of Tryndamere. Tryndamere and Ashe in a lane together could have a tower down within 10 minutes and wrack up quite a few kills in the process... but if they get laned against 2 strong harassers they could get zoned out and lose the lane.

If we go with the Jana/Nunu/Ashe/Anivia/Amumu setup we will win every team-fight hands down. Amumu intitiates, ultimates, AOE's. Nunu flashes in, Ultimates. Anivia ults and walls behind, and bursts down any low hp. Jana babysits team and throws knockups to further prevent escape, shields anyone taking focus, and AOE heals in the event that something goes wrong.

Anivia/Ashe/Nocturn/Amumu/Jana plays similar, but lacks the AOE burst in exchange for single target burst; which I feel we have enough of between Ashe and Anivia.

Anivia/Ashe/Amumu/Nunu/Tryndamere plays out similar, but with the requirement to refresh after every teamfight, rather than maintaining pressure by way of Jana's baby-sitting and heals.. It also neglects us of the knockup/pushback in exchange for some mean DPS.

Any ideas?

Etherimp

06-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutara View Post
I must not understand the idea of an interrupt. Please explain because it seems to me that this teams has stuns all over. Ashe, anivia, amumu, janna and taric all have stuns (these were listed as the possible champs in the original post).

And my own two cents... I think Maokai would be a good addition to the team based on what you're going for. AoE ult and a stun and knock back.
Ha.. You beat me to it.

Yes, there are interrupts all over the place on that team. I like your idea of Maokai but who would he replace? Amumu or Nunu? While Maokai has a great solo-lane, great harass, and great initiate, he's still AP and doesn't really bring much to the team that Nunu or Amumu doesn't already.

Amumu can keep SEVERAL people in place with his ult, which allows Nunu and Anivia to lay down AOE pain like nobodies business. Combine that with a wall blocking escape and countless slowing effects and you have teamfights that, once committed to, cannot be escaped by the opposition. It also makes harassing and escaping easier.

What do you guys think about replacing Amumu with Jarvan IV?

Jarvan also has a great AOE ultimate. He's tanky. Has an initiator (ult)... and he's AD. How would he do solo-top lane? I've seen people do it before but seeing as I've never played Jarvan I'm not sure how well he can hold up there against a variety of team comps.

True, he's not a "true" tank in the same sense as Amumu, Shen, Alister, or Rammus... But would he suffice for this team comp?