Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

My thesis work for animation (video) feekback encouraged

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerothief

05-30-2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsgPMwjcyh0

this is my thesis work for my associates degree in animation and was hoping to get some opionions from gamers like me as i know you guys know the most about animation... afterall we see it all day playing LOL.

Also if this is popular enough i may make a blitzcrank vs shaco video for some fun in the next 3 months i have off from school. This took about 2 months of time and would really like a full opinion or critque.

also any reds that wanna post on my work would be greatly appriceated. help a poor young animation student improve

BriIIian

05-30-2011

1st view lol

Zerothief

05-30-2011

ya i just uploaded it now lol. its on my portfolio website too with more views

Montford

05-30-2011

I like it, its pretty sweet looking, it took you 2months to do 28seconds?

That really makes me never wanna do animation lol.

Zerothief

05-30-2011

well the animation part is easy. the lighting texturing modeling rigging and storyboarding take the longest. I did all the animation in abou a week

Set Tesh

05-30-2011

good, but my only gripe is the 'gliding' the fact that the foot movement dosnt line up with his actual speed, making it look like he is gliding or skating,
that being said, better then anything i could do haha :P

Zerothief

05-30-2011

Quote:
Set Tesh:
good, but my only gripe is the 'gliding' the fact that the foot movement dosnt line up with his actual speed, making it look like he is gliding or skating,
that being said, better then anything i could do haha :P

Thank you this is what im looking for. feed back is appriceated because it means i can fix my mistakes

CalculusMan

05-30-2011

What school do you go to? If a student submitted this at MICA or RISD they wouldn't pass.

Montford

05-30-2011

Quote:
Zerothief:
well the animation part is easy. the lighting texturing modeling rigging and storyboarding take the longest. I did all the animation in abou a week

ahh i see, but idk i guess i appreciate it alot since i could never do something like that.

If i had to give some pointers, id say possibly work on the walking animation, it looks a bit unnatural and there is no elbow movement while hes walking which i believe will help a bit.

Karmanautical

05-30-2011

Animation requires it to be more human, it can make the difference between the slow, predictable movement your video has and something like this, which is, IMO, one of the best examples of animation:
(or re-animation )

Half-Life redone (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtIp8jOo8_o)

Honestly this wasn't a graphics improvement, but the animations are so much more fluid than the original HL.

Here's the part you should really be looking at for inspiration: 104 Seconds into the above video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtIp8jOo8_o&t=104)