Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


ELO hell....real pro

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CyraLoL

Senior Member

06-07-2011

Here is the problem with a lot of the arguments - its not that clean.

For example at my highest recent ELO I was 1430. I had a negative w/l ratio at 1430. How the **** is that possible? Because the majority of the wins I got more points than I lost in my loses. Currently I'm at like 1300 with -20 ratio (20 more loses than wins).

At the end of the day, there are a **** ton of factors that decide what your currently ELO is, and quite a lot of them are pure and simple luck. That is the nature of solo queue 5v5 in any environment. MMR in FPS is different - in 'solo queue' your stats on tracked, not only your w/l. MMR in WoW is different. There is no solo queue.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DuffTime

Senior Member

06-08-2011

Quote:
Kenfrot:
if elo hell doesn't exist, throw that feeder/noob/troll guy who goes 2-10 into a high elo match (talking big money 1800+ elo) and see which team will win. I will gaurentee the team who doesn't have the troll will win. That is elo hell.

High elp doesn't have trolls = fair fights. Up untill about 1400+ will you not have noobs/troll/feeders and thus they will always be the hardest one to get out of because lvl 30 w/ 170 wins comes into ranked thinking hes god because he has one full rune page of crit runes. The only way to get out of elo hell is to carry the **** out of 4 people and hope the other team has baddies.


High ELO -does- have trolls.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YolooSwaggins

Member

07-13-2011

The answer is simple.

A perfect player would have 0 deaths outside of a teamfight. If your entire team feeds the champion your laning versus then a perfect player would know his limits and simply make a sacrifice, maybe an outer tower, unless he was confident that his team was able to back him up. No death is justified by the other team being fed (outside of team fights). Number one noob rule, dont die. That rule has exceptions, but the enemy champion you laning against being fed is not one of them. Neither is a gank.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DuffTime

Senior Member

07-15-2011

Quote:
Austrox:
The answer is simple.

A perfect player would have 0 deaths outside of a teamfight. If your entire team feeds the champion your laning versus then a perfect player would know his limits and simply make a sacrifice, maybe an outer tower, unless he was confident that his team was able to back him up. No death is justified by the other team being fed (outside of team fights). Number one noob rule, dont die. That rule has exceptions, but the enemy champion you laning against being fed is not one of them. Neither is a gank.


o_O;;;

This isn't true.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ute

Senior Member

07-16-2011

It is true and it isnt.

A perfect player would have 0 deaths in laning phase outside of extreme situations. A perfect player simply wouldnt let his entire team feed his counter-lane though.

In late game, and I will paraphrase TreeEskimo because I think he said this very well: "Even if you play perfectly late game, if the other team gets fed (to a point) you can still lose and it will look like you're playing wrong."

This is because no matter what you do sometimes it gets to a point that it is impossible to win. I am not saying this point EVER exists at low Elo, but his point still holds some validity to it at low Elo regardless, since none of us are perfect.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phil La Pew

Recruiter

07-16-2011

Quote:
Radiant Coriolis:
Nearly everyone in low elo thinks they belong in high elo. It's a pride problem. They don't want to admit that they aren't that good. The chances of them being good at all and still being in low elo, are vanishingly small, yet all of them think they are high elo.

If you really are better than your current elo, then you are on average better then the other FOUR people on your team, and the other FIVE people on the other team. Therefore, there can only be FOUR baddies on your team, and there can be FIVE baddies on the other team. Statistically, if you are better, there is a 55% chance of winning games and a 45% chance of losing them, if you play enough games where you truly are better than everyone else, eventually that 10% more likely WILL average in and you will rise. Otherwise you are lying to yourself and everyone else about your skill.

P.S. ELO HELL DOES NOT EXIST IN THE SENSE THAT IT IS NOT ESCAPABLE THROUGH YOUR OWN SKILL!


So how does you going 18-9 starting out 7-0 ending up 7-7 have to do with you. It's not your team feeds and you lose. Most likely you have never been there. I can say one thing though. You can carry yourself outta hell like I did for a bit. I played soraka cause the players are so bad you just heal hte bad ones and you win. The only problem is that it's boring.