ELO hell....real pro

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lenden

06-01-2011

i feel your pain TehBubbly, i lost 15 ranked games on the trot. from having 4 wins 0 loses. went to something like 450 elo. for very similar reasons to yours. it does have its positives though. when your low elo, you seem to always have last pick therefore picking a champ for your team. Over the last 3 days i've moved up from 450 elo to nearly 700 because of this tactic. i find a champ like garen or singed a good champ for ranked. can dish out and take a good amount of damage, therefore if your team is bad you can carry for them

Eggacy

06-01-2011

Use communication and leadership to increase the chances of success, some games are lost from the beginning but if it's not, a knowledgeable player that takes the lead and command ganks/pushes/etc can have a great effect on the odds of success.

Statistically speaking, you'd need a lot of games to increase your ELO by any significant amount if you just try to play by yourself as you'd need to play enough games to average, and said average is already very small so you want to get the best out of your teammates.

Alpha Pawros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2011

I'm sorry to say this but I have had this problem before. Play games, send friend requests to the ones who do the best. Do another game with them. Then add another one who does good. Wash rinse repeat. I know this may sound douchy but once you get a full 5's team, start adding your enemies and doing games with them. Eventually you'll have a team to be reckoned with and you will be steamrolling out of this so called "ELO Hell." I hope this helped.

DuffTime

06-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow9041 View Post
Also DuffTime: Won 4 Lost 1.
5 ranked games and you are an expert on ranked games.

For the record it takes 10 ranked matches to get out of "Noobie Island".
Please, for your own sake, at least get that far before you start preaching.
Look my record up, it completely makes my arguments invalid.

sefy98

06-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffTime View Post
It's not random.

You just don't know what you're commenting about.

The way ELO is rewarded, is based on the opponent's that you're facing.

If your opponent has higher ELO than you, the game "Expects" them to beat you.

This way, when you beat an opponent who was "Expected" to beat you, the game gives you more ELO than if you were "Expected" to beat them.

No, it does -not- exist. You shouldn't be posting those sorts of things, because you're just creating a false reality for the losing players.

Instead of worrying about being stuck in some inescapable void of terrible player, focus more on trying to improve. Your time will be better spent that way.
This isn't correct. Yes you get more elo for beating someone with higher elo but it wouldn't make sense to range from +-13 6-19 is a huge jump for games played back to back. also you're a troll if you seriously have 5 ranked games. stop commenting on something you know nothing about.

Reepo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reepo View Post
I will just leave this here

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...hlight=respect

Apart from this---- ELO hell is considered a short term problem that with the help of Tribunal and Leave buster should be near dissolved in the long run. This said- sorry you are facing trolls and not bright people, but what do you really want us to do about it?
I am quoting myself because this thread is starting to fall into rage hard

TehBubbly

06-01-2011

STILL LOOKING FOR SOME HIGH ELO PERSON that thinks you can carry yourself out and i want you to explain it to me. AND if id like to see u carry these ******s.

I am the catman

06-02-2011

Everyone who says "You can get out of elo hell by being good" are ******s. Yes, you being a skillfull player will help, but you forget this is a TEAM GAME. If you are skilled, and your TEAM is not, how can you expect to win?

Yukanol Fukov

06-02-2011

I remember when I used to blame everyone for me losing while I was unranked. Believe me, there are still baddies in the 1550-1600 range. I just know that if you get really good with a champ that can benefit the whole team and win about 70% of your games, you'll rise. I did it, and I'm still going.

Games for me are getting easier the higher I get, I don't have to worry about feeders all the time, just people with no map awarness that overextend sometimes. Winning a teamfight can solve that. You have to learn to accept defeat, and if you know you weren't the weakest link on your team then reque and keep playing.

I always felt that I was better than my elo, and I stuck with believing that, it paid off. But let me be honest, some of you belong in the unranked elo bracket. I see people complaining about ELO hell, look up their history and builds and I can honestly say they belong there.

DuffTime

06-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefy98 View Post
This isn't correct. Yes you get more elo for beating someone with higher elo but it wouldn't make sense to range from +-13 6-19 is a huge jump for games played back to back. also you're a troll if you seriously have 5 ranked games. stop commenting on something you know nothing about.
It is obviously correct, because there are potentially 5 players on the other team who you weren't expected to beat, or potentially 5 players you were NOT expected to beat.

The range can be enormous.

I'm not a troll, I'm trying to educate you. Ironic you're telling me to stop commenting, when I actually do know what I'm talking about.

Also, when you win, the way the system works is the less matches you have played, the more drastic the change in your opponents become.

I.E; if you win a game, you will be pitted against substantially higher ELO opponents. It will continue to jump the ELO of opponent faster and faster the more games you win.

If you lose, then suddenly it will drop the ELO of your opponents drastically, until eventually you begin to balance out.

The reason for jumping the ELO of your opponent this way, is to more rapidly sit you in the ELO you belong, and pit you against players of equal skill level.

Eventually, the idea being, the system will not be surprised when you win anymore, and you will have arrived at your correct ELO, and gain normal/balanced amounts of ELO or lose normal/balanced amounts of ELO respectively.