Mundo - Damage build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2011

i see that building mundo tank is nub cos hes a tanky dps so i wanted to find ways to maximise his damage and still give him good surviavablilty. if u farm like a boss then it may be possible to pull of this mundo damage build i just made up but...........i dont know whether damage is the right way to play him........
i think that................maybe this would be the way to go if u want damage..am i rite?

boots-merc (probably) of zerker for dps (probably not) or ionion treads (maybe)
warmogs
frozen heart or spirit visage
black cleaver
zeal or phantoms if u got the money
infinity edge (maybe)

so i thought of it and just wanted clarification if building mundo this way would work
pls dont be too harsh in the comments
as i said u needed to farm lots and so.......yep

thnx all

Takahito

05-30-2011

I think it would be a waste to build a frozen heart when he doesn't use/benefit from the mana.

I see that you build AD which is fine for a tanky DPS, but you build no armor to make him "tanky." I think putting in an Atma's impaler into the build would be better because it has armor and gives 2% of the health as AD.

Just my 2 cent

mojozhu

05-30-2011

Mundo got a AD steroid, so he benefits greatly from AS and Crit.

Wit's end is your best friend. 50MR + 40% AS + 42 extra damage will give you crazy early game edge for just 2000 gold.

Sorc boot if you build wit's, you can consider getting this so your cleaver remain superior early game and so is your wit's proc.

Third item just build anything tanky depend on damage source. Contrary to popular believe, Mundo is better off building resistance than extra HP. Because his ult is extra HP of 50%, building MR/armor will grant him more EHP than rushing that warmog. Visage is a good choice with CDR + improved heal + MR.

Depending on mood go for phantom dancer/IE route. or go for Stark -> tanky route. You can sell your sorc boot and buy something better if your opponent decide to buy MR.

Game should be decided by your third item though.

Powerstoned

05-30-2011

rush warmogs + atma's = fun

DoransTroll

05-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstoned View Post
rush warmogs + atma's = fun
I prefer this myself. A DPS either need really good regen, or some form of life steal to survive. I don't find any life steal item to work too well on Mundo (other than if you jungle), so I usually grab Warmorg's parts along the way. I don't rush it though--usually finish it by mid game rather than rushing. I should try rushing it and see how it goes.

Greyfeld

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoransTroll View Post
I prefer this myself. A DPS either need really good regen, or some form of life steal to survive. I don't find any life steal item to work too well on Mundo (other than if you jungle), so I usually grab Warmorg's parts along the way. I don't rush it though--usually finish it by mid game rather than rushing. I should try rushing it and see how it goes.
Due to Mundo's passive, and an ult that regenerates %-based health, he isn't as dependent on lifesteal as an AD carry might be. Warmog's + Force of Nature makes him regenerate ridiculous amounts of health.

As far as damage goes, since he has an AD steroid already, his best damage-dealing item would probably be Phantom Dancer. Also, due to the spammy nature of his abilities, he would probably do well with Trinity Force as well.

Though in most situations, I'd probably just toss on an Atma's and call it a day.

Powerstoned

05-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoransTroll View Post
You'd have to be doing pretty decent to finish a warmogs and boots1 before 20minutes, well duo lane at least. Ruby Crystal>Giant'sBelt>Boots1>Warmog's is how i try and start every time. Then you're already going whereever you please about as early as possible.

Ilkugar

05-30-2011

My best champion is Mundo, and given a solo lane my normal time to get warmog is 13-14mins @_@, tier 1 boots + spirit visage + warmog + level advantage (skill up Q>W>E) gives enormous damage, mostly magic, in early-mid game. I would say warmog+SV and CDR/merc treads are core items (with the recent change to his ult the CDR is very important, and of course lets you have constant E plus more cleavers (slow to close distance for meele). I'd say 95% of games I will build full tank items and still get kills because come on, it's Mundo. Take advantage of the fact that people don't think much of your W (I recall a malz standing next to me and ulting only to die to W). My usual go-to items if my team is way ahead and I feel I should start doing damage instead of continuing to build tank depend on my own team comp in terms of AD/AP balance, however I tend to either get Atma's (that passive is redic when you have 3.5k hp) or some kind of attack speed item (starks if your team has at least one other auto attacker, madreds vs reasonably beefy teams, or phantom dancer just for overall increase in deeps + that movespeed is very nice)

For a fully offensive build you still want some kind of HP because that is seriously Mundo's core stat. SV is a no-brainer, and even late game it allows more regen from ult than another filled warmog. The CDR also helps. I'd imagine good items are phage>trinity or FM(trinity is good for the extra movespeed as it allows you to keep people in range of your 100/sec dps + of course meele range for auto attacks, FM for a more defensive route). Add in starks+madreds, maybe sunfire to add to that dps burn.

Overall Mundo's Q,W,E already give him significant damage output and so I think to go into tanky DPS area you really only need 1 or 2 items tops to give him a little edge in damage (think about irelia getting trinity then full tank). Staying alive longer may let you do more damage than just doing more damage and dying faster, also by nature Mundo's damage output is not very burst-orientated.

In the big picture builds dont matter as much as your overall team. The build you posted works (its all high cost items) but the question is how are you going to get to it, lol

Zestorum

05-30-2011

Cleaver and Masochism is a lot of damage early game. Late game, build a Atma's and your set. Realise that your an off-tank, not a tanky DPS.

Larson McMurphy

05-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojozhu View Post
Third item just build anything tanky depend on damage source. Contrary to popular believe, Mundo is better off building resistance than extra HP. Because his ult is extra HP of 50%, building MR/armor will grant him more EHP than rushing that warmog. Visage is a good choice with CDR + improved heal + MR.
This is wrong. He'll get more EHP from rushing warmog's. Also, the increase in health from warmogs will increase his ult's regen more than the passive on spirit visage. Please do some math.