How to better your win rate.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soryujen

03-23-2010

TEAM WORK is the key.
Many people lose based on the thought that if they go 30-0 kill death they will win the game. No

Here are a few basic tips to greatly improve your teams and or pugs win rate.

1. You are only responsible for yourself.
At character selection try to augment your teams build. If you see there are no tanks or healers, take one for the team and grab one. 5 assassins versus a team with 1 healer 1 tank and anything else is win for tank healer combo. Don't force anyone to go any role they won't wanna play, do YOUR best to help.

2.Skill Trees-Summoner spells- runes matter.
If you see your team has no Heals / Mana spells grab them and get talents for both. Nothing will help your team more then giving them an extra second of life or an extra 2-3 spells. Build yourself accordingly to what your team needs. Augment your rune book to fit 2 of the 3 skill trees, you will fail if your runes don't support your character/build.

3.Leave no man behind
To often I see a team push to a tower , then get counter pushed and everyone just right clicks to their base and afk runs. NO!!!!!! You look at the guy who is last out and make sure his butt survives. If you have a slow/stun/ranged nuke cast it on the guy closest to him. This is what you call peeling. Most often the other team is so excited that you can nuke out their team while they chase your team mate down in hopes of killing his 10% health.

4.Skill "hording" is not effective.
Keep all your skills on cool downs if you aren't low on mana. Saving that one nuke so you can last hit is not gonna help your team. You may get 2-3 kills if you horde but is it worth a team wipe and getting your towers dropped? NO!

5.Kick the ego to the curb
In the course of early game you should be able to tell if the other team has a better match up. If you are sitting at your tower and they just keep pushing and slamming you CALL FOR HELP. If you hear a call for help come ASAP, for everytime your team mate dies its the equivalent of you dying. Enemies learn to feed on people who they notice are abandoned.

6.Communicate your game plan ahead of time
Everyone has a play style. Some people enjoy ganking, some people like to lane grab xp/cash and some like to creep. Let people know how you are going to go about your goals. DO NOT ignore the advice of your team. If they feel they can't solo while you creep/gank or w/e make sure to keep that in mind.

7.Let yourself be led
If someone is calling shots its easier for you. Assuming they aren't horrible at strategy you can focus on fewer tasks. I've had people tell me to do stupid and horrible things, and I did them. But at the end of the day you are facing 5 other people. If you feel you can solo a team (seriously NO!!!!!) then do your thing. However you always have a better chance of killing/surviving if you have 4 other bodies next to you hopefully watching your back.

8.Compliment people
EVERYONE likes a compliment. If your teammate just saved your ass from a pounding you need to thank them. This will always encourage them to do this in the future.

9. Add em to your friends list.
If you really were impressed by someone in your pug its ok to friend them and ask them to play with you. My premades are people I hand picked from pugs that really had great synergy with me. Everyone cries and moans over matchmaking and bad teams, they have an arranged team option and its up to you to find skilled players. There are PLENTY OF SKILLED PLAYERS IN LOL

10.Never let up
So the score is 2-13 and your team is getting wiped or vice versa. Play hard no matter what. It will only help you in refining your skills.

And thats the end of my ramble. Currently my <3 Janna <3 is on a 16 or 17 winning streak. I pug and premade. My premade hasn't lost in 2 days and I won't let my pugs lose. I follow all the rules I post. GL HF and stay outta of Janna's way.

Zand3

03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soryujen View Post
At character selection try to augment your teams build. If you see there are no tanks or healers, take one for the team and grab one. 5 assassins versus a team with 1 healer 1 tank and anything else is win for tank healer combo. Don't force anyone to go any role they won't wanna play, do YOUR best to help.
I liked the whole thread but please people listen to this especially, if you're dead set on picking a specific character, pick it right away. I'm so sick of 3 people picking non-carry's in the first 30 seconds, and THEN the last 2 people pick some heroes we don't need at all. How many times have you been on a team and everyone half way in is like..we have no dmg.

EITHER PICK YOUR CHARACTER RIGHT AWAY OR PICK SOMETHING THAT THE TEAM NEEDS ****IT!

Phew..I can breathe now.

FROM WINNIPEG

03-23-2010

This is the kind of attitude that will best help to win a game. I'll play with you anytime. If there were more like minded players out there, LoL would be a better place.

Havikk

03-23-2010

Here is some "constructive criticism" on your thoughts:

I slightly agree with (1), but IMO, I hate when people pick a tank and have never played one before, or have never even played the champ they picked to tank with. I'd rather have them pick their favorite carry, because: skill > perfect team comp.

As for (2), you say runes matter. Sure they do. But you don't build a rune page to compliment other people. You do it to compliment your main champ/your preferred role. As for skills go, I haven't been in a game yet where somebody on my team wasn't rolling heal or clarity (and I have about 500 games played). However, I have played many games where people use those skills very conservatively/selfishly. And I don't blame them - It's a natural instinct to worry about yourself. I tend to do the same subconsciously.

(3) It's nice to help people that get left behind, but if they aren't listening to 3/5 members of the team spamming various terms of "go back" (or have the common sense to go themselves) then I don't want to put my neck out there to save them. On a side note, I've had times where I have tried to save somebody, and they took it as "hey, us 2 can wipe those 5 guys easy". I'm sure you can guess how that worked out.

(4) is a very conditional statement. I see the point you're trying to make, but the fact of the matter is unless you're a premade with voice chat, it is better (yes, I said it) to hoard skills for last hits. My reasoning behind this is that I'd rather have some ***** KS me than everyone blow their ulti's on one guy, due to lack of coordination. This rarely tends to happen if people aim for last hits.

(5) I also see your point behind this, but your logic falls flat later on. First off, IMO, if you're soloing mid, you are taking on the responsibility to come to the aid of top or bottom to gank, whether they need it or not. Why do I think this? Because you're going to have an obvious advantage over your team's opposition (in levels and items). Every time my teammate dies, it is NOT equivalent to me dying. Why? Because what if I'm the carry, and the guy who died is the tank? That means the carry can continue to farm/gank and fulfill their role. I'd rather have a beefy carry than a beefy tank - catch my drift? Another question to ask is, "what if the person who died is just a feeder/beginner?" If so, his death is nowhere near equivalent to my death (unless of course, I hold either of those traits as well).

(6) Communicating your 'game plan' is a waste of time. Why? Because every game is going to be different, therefore, your strategy and play-style will (well, it should) adjust accordingly.

(7) "I've had people tell me to do stupid and horrible things, and I did them." I'd address this point, but to be honest, it would be a waste of my time.

(8) Here, you are actually right. I suggest saying "gj, nw, or ty", but don't spend the time to write a love letter.

(9) I never add people to my friends list unless I am **** sure they are skilled. I'm willing to say that 60% of the people you see do well in one game, will do effing horrible the next. That's primarily do to the free champion rotation. My logic is as follows: Say Blitzcrank is free, as well as Ezreal. As many of us know, Ezreal is very squishy. So, some kid picks Blitz because he's been wanting to try him for weeks. The same applies to Ezreal on the opposing team. Now, Blitz and his laning partner get a lucky First Blood because of a random Rocket Grab. And this repeats, over and over again. In the end, Blitz ends up going 20/2, and you add him because you think he's "good". Understand where I'm going with this? This can apply to tons of other champs as well, like Twitch, Eve, Warwick, Yi, Ryze, etc. I'll renew my point: Don't add some random just because he/she did well in one game (unless you can actually determine their level of skill).

(10) There is some truth to this: If you're getting stomped, you can still learn from the game. You can even still win, in most cases. But that is a double-edged sword. Sometimes it's simply better to surrender and get into a better game rather than let the other draw out.

Soryujen

03-23-2010

You actually didn't criticize my post you just explained to me why you play the way you do.The original post is only a conceptual framework on how you can improve your win rate. In your responses you cite examples of how other people did this and that and how they messed up. See headline 1. I have always been rewarded by following these ideas. My team follows the same ideas and we have not lost a single match in 2 days (about 15 matches played or more). We win because we are a team. I play with pugs as well that don't listen. I still won't lose. In 90% of the games they ignore my advice until they see me making the effort to save their asses even if i die. When people follow the mantra we win because when you combine 5 you can squash anything. Look at the power rangers, look at captain planet. I can;t convince you to do as I say i can just tell you how things work for me and my teams. I've had all the crappy things you listed happen to me if not worse. At the end of it I still try to do the right thing.

GuyGin

03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zand3 View Post
I liked the whole thread but please people listen to this especially, if you're dead set on picking a specific character, pick it right away. I'm so sick of 3 people picking non-carry's in the first 30 seconds, and THEN the last 2 people pick some heroes we don't need at all. How many times have you been on a team and everyone half way in is like..we have no dmg.

EITHER PICK YOUR CHARACTER RIGHT AWAY OR PICK SOMETHING THAT THE TEAM NEEDS ****IT!

Phew..I can breathe now.
Yeah this is a huge pet peeve of mine too.

SoSalty

03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bledryn View Post
This is the kind of attitude that will best help to win a game. I'll play with you anytime. If there were more like minded players out there, LoL would be a better place.
I agree with this post. OP, can I add you to friend's list?

Soryujen

03-23-2010

Of course you can add me I will play with anyone!

Azghyn Nite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2010

Is janna honestly any good? I got a message saying she sucked, she rocked, and she sucked...

Soryujen

03-23-2010

Janna is amazing by my accounts.

These are her strengths: this is brief, i could write a guide to janna but then again i don't want ot see her everygame.

She has a aoe stun/aoe damage/slow/passive speed boost/damage absorption/knockback/aoe heal. Her shield works on turrets.

I play her to her full extent. Depending on what I match against ( i play mid solo 90% of the time) i level her skills at different rates.

I can go in depth about what i do in every case but those are my trade secrets. If you ask my team there hasn;t been one game out of 15-20 where someone pushed me out of mid. I;ve been able to fight 2-3 people in my lane at times.