? on Tier 2 runes....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Larson McMurphy

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xentorx View Post
Thanks for the reply guys. just a fyi, i dont buy RP, I only use IP. On top of that i wont really be buying any champs, i got myself Xin Zhao and am havin a blast so will be playing this toon for a while. Might go with RushSecond and grab some Tier 1. I already bout some Tier 2 runes but oh well what do youdo. i will just take the risk of the rune combiner later.
You say that now. But you'll get bored of him and want to learn a new champ eventually.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2011

Tier one runes are extremely cheap and well worth getting a limited set of them as you level. We are talking 20 to 50 IP each which is trivial.

You can always get a basic set of: yellow = armor, blue = magic resist. Red = armor pen or magic pen.

Tier 2 runes are only 50% stronger than tier one runes but cost FIVE TIMES as much! This wouldn't be so bad except that they will be replaced eventually...i.e. they aren't endgame gear.

Yes the tier 3 are 5 times more xpensive than Tier 2, but they will NEVER EVER be replaced and are as good as you can get.

So I would get tier 1 up till 20, then start buying tier 3 ones after that so that you have a mix of 1 and 3 and you slowly work on replacing your tier 1s with tier 3s... plus filling out other rune pages with CDR runes, etc as needed.

malphismia

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larson McMurphy View Post
You say that now. But you'll get bored of him and want to learn a new champ eventually.
^Yeah. you can't continue playing only one champ, it'll get so boring. Plus if your team already has 2 melee DPS, you shouldn't take Xin too lol. Try to learn champs with different roles to fill in the gaps of your team composition.

Xentorx

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRED View Post
^Yeah. you can't continue playing only one champ, it'll get so boring. Plus if your team already has 2 melee DPS, you shouldn't take Xin too lol. Try to learn champs with different roles to fill in the gaps of your team composition.
Oh i understand this, this is why i use the FREE champs, when i find a champ i am good with and learn quickly, i will buy (in thie case i did great with Xin) when i come across another champ i do very well with, i will buy that one, atm i just dont want to buy every single champ. This way i dont just get bored with Xin, but when i have limited time and want to win games i can use a toon i know. When i have lots of time, i use free play toons

Thank you for your replies guys!

Coehabamba

06-01-2011

ya its totaly not worth it...i didnt even buy teir 1 runes.
just save up for a champ you like and your tier 3 runes. they are super expensive and they will take you a while to get even with saving up

Xentorx

06-01-2011

so with what ever runes i have unfortuantely bought at the moment, should i just wack them in the combiner now and hope for the best? or just use them as is till i am 20 then put them in the combiner and obviously not buy any more?