? on Tier 2 runes....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xentorx

05-29-2011

Is it ok to get some Tier 2 runes till i hit 20 (currently lvl 12) i figure it would give me a slight advantage over those that prefer to wait till 20.

Reason being is, by the time i am 13 i will have all the Teir 2 runes i need so that i can then start saving for tier 3 runes when i hit the 20's..

any thoughts or constructive comments?

Korpoga

05-29-2011

I would say its not worth it... I did buy some tier 2 but kinda regret it... would rather spend that ip on some champs unless ofcourse you are using rp for that^^ The differece is quite small anyway between tier 1 and 2

Valthan

05-29-2011

Tier 1 and 2 runes are a waste of IP.

Once you're capable of buying T3 runes, you'll regret the T2 ones immediately. Combining the old T2 runes into T3 runes (the only way to get rid of them) will give you a random rune that you will likely never use. Not to mention that the resulting rune is always worth a fraction of the cost of the T2 runes you combined to make it. IP straight down the toilet.

Powerstoned

05-30-2011

Runes should be simplified, drop the req. for runes and get rid of t1-t2.

i dont understand level 10s or 20s being OP with the runes lvl 30s have.

Luthien Kess

05-30-2011

Unless you're blowing a heck of a lot of money on this game, you're much better of saving up for tier three.

RushSecond

05-30-2011

The facts about rune tiers:

Tier 2 costs 5x as much as tier 1, but are only about 45% more effective.
Tier 3 costs 15x as much as tier 1, but are only about 90% more effective.

Tier 1 runes are by far the most efficient runes you can get, you can get all you want without greatly impacting your IP.

Tier 3 runes are extremely inefficient, but still the most powerful, making it your goal to somehow find the IP to fill your rune pages with them.

Tier 2 runes are useless. If you are going to replace a rune for tier 3 eventually, you want that rune to give you the best bang for your buck now, so get tier 1 instead of tier 2.

GeneralStan

05-30-2011

Tier 1's are okay to fill out a rune page before hitting 20
Tier 2's are straight garbage

guptee

05-30-2011

tier 2 is bull****....even tier 1 is kinda not required, but it is not too expensive.
I adviced my friend not to buy any rune till lvl 20. And even as a 11-20 lvl summoner he was doing ok in games. As soon as he hit lvl 20...mobafire guide and runes bought

Xentorx

05-31-2011

Thanks for the reply guys. just a fyi, i dont buy RP, I only use IP. On top of that i wont really be buying any champs, i got myself Xin Zhao and am havin a blast so will be playing this toon for a while. Might go with RushSecond and grab some Tier 1. I already bout some Tier 2 runes but oh well what do youdo. i will just take the risk of the rune combiner later.

JohnCataldo

05-31-2011

Don't get Tier 2.

Buy Tier 1 so you have something very cheaply, then jump to Tier 3.