Towers are generally too weak in this game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CarlSagansCosmos

03-24-2010

I don't like/dislike towers, that said, I would love to see items in the game that players can purchase that will buff towers.

Nothing hugely spectacular, to make the game last so much longer (since you're spending gold on towers instead of characters), but it could be an option. An item that gives a tower life-steal, or to increase it's attack speed, defence, armor or even add effects like slow or mute on a timer...

Melonyan

03-24-2010

Towers kill you far slower in DotA/HoN and spells don't even aggro the tower on you. In LoL unless you're hanging out with far less hp than you should be, or underleveled it should take multiple people to succesfully dive you and even then you can sometimes kill one of them if your hero has stuns/nukes .Thats not even mentioning the fact theres this item in DotA/HoN called stout shield, you can buy one or two and towers do practically nothing to you. Also, theres heroes with orbs who can keep attacking you next to the tower without aggroing it such as viper, drow, that obsidian statue thing.

In sumamry towers in DotA/HoN:
-Kill you slower
-Are easily mitigated by a cheap item
-You can nuke or orb someone to death next to without even aggroing the tower

The only heros who can really tower dive as easily as you're saying are Poppy and Alistar, and Alistar isn't going to kill you unless you're really low or he has friends with him.

Bigern

03-24-2010

lol in DoTa and HoN the towers arelike 3x weaker and are tower divable by anyone at like 3

DoomManufact

03-24-2010

I'd just like to see

• The 2 towers directly adjacent to the Nexus respawn on a timer a little bit faster than the Inhibitor respawn timer
  • Towers able to penetrate somewhat through all invulnerability or near-invulnerability abilities. Towers shouldn't do full damage to, say, an Alistar with ult on, but it should at least penetrate through half of his damage reduction. Same goes for Kayle's and Poppy's ults. They just make towers too useless and nobody really likes seeing it happen.

Having towers do an additional % of a target's hp is bad, as it will make the late game even later (aka longer games if u didn't get that). Players should be able to tower dive at level 18, but I just don't like to see Poppy's or Kayle's or Alistar's or even Janna's rushing in, taking no damage (either literally or almost literally), and raping the 2 or 3 ppl that should have been able to hold the tower.
Backdooring is pretty frustrating, but it adds variety and more strategy to the game. Tower diving might be able to be argued the same way, but as it is now the aforementioned ults make tower diving kind of cheap. Normally a Ryze would not be able to tower dive at lvl 8 and get away with it unless he were fed, but with a Kayle he can just kill any half hp strugglers trying to hold the tower against him.
Personally I don't think Taric is too cheap as a tower diver, and I never really had problems with him diving, but that's just my opinion I guess.

TL;DR Tower diving is cheap and gay. Towers should penetrate through 50% of any of a char's ability-based damage reduction. Idk if Taric should be included, but DEFINITELY Poppy's, Kayle's, and Alistar's ults, and also possibly Janna's storm shield.