Towers are generally too weak in this game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GuyGin

03-23-2010

I was thinking this was going to be a post on how towers need more health.

It seems ridiculous to me that 1 hero can get a tower from full to half life at level 6...

Leaderz0rz

03-23-2010

While there are some heroes that make towers seem like tissue paper at a very early level. I believe that towers are there to create an objective and to pace the game. I think towers are fine as they are, they are easy to defend at early levels and become targets of interest toward mid game. They are also the heart of the battle as it creates a wide area of zone control on the map if you manage to push a lane back 2 towers. Towers should not be the ultimate safe haven for someone to hug because they are being overly pressured in a lane. There should remain some fear of being killed even if you are near a tower.

MEMEME670

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2010

Towers are essentially zone.

They control an area. If the enemy has some way to penetrate that zone, then they can destroy it./render it ineffective.

Nothing really all that much different from Nasus' spirit fire in concept.

Carleton

03-23-2010

Threads like these make me frustrated. If you think towers in LoL are weak you should go try HoN where towers do considerably less damage.

OH NOES!!! I GOT TOWER DIVED! QQQQQQQQQQQQQ! This all just boils down to people being way to dependent on towers to stay alive. Granted, they are there for your protection but that doesn't mean they should be able to drop a full hp champ that is comin to dive you. Play it like the towers don't exist and be more self reliant.

Enough of this tower qq garbage please.

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carleton View Post
Threads like these make me frustrated. If you think towers in LoL are weak you should go try HoN where towers do considerably less damage.

OH NOES!!! I GOT TOWER DIVED! QQQQQQQQQQQQQ! This all just boils down to people being way to dependent on towers to stay alive. Granted, they are there for your protection but that doesn't mean they should be able to drop a full hp champ that is comin to dive you. Play it like the towers don't exist and be more self reliant.

I concur.

GuyGin

03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carleton View Post

Towers are much more dangerous in HoN, IMO, because they actually target heroes more frequently. In LOL you can walk right up next to the enemy hero if you have units there, and then burst them down and walk away because towers take forever to kill creep waves and the tower wont attack you until you hit the enemy hero.

In HON you would never get away with that at low levels.

Ti 84 Plus

03-23-2010

i heard this ffrom a similar thread.
Towers arnt there to protect you, you are there to protect it.

tbwen

03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti 84 Plus View Post
i heard this ffrom a similar thread.
Towers arnt there to protect you, you are there to protect it.
Exactly. If a tower is dying, maybe you should be there to defend. Also... Fortify ftw.

MoeBeam

03-23-2010

Maybe give them some more HP and make the Nexus/Inhibitors do more damage.

Auto-targeting heroes . . . no thanks. That's the only plausible way to take down a tower unless you like waiting for 20 waves of minions to go there. Tower hugging would be . . . almost impossible to beat. Especially if it slowed them.

I just want more HP so that I actually have time to respawn at Level 11 and get back to a tower before it's completely gone (yes, it happens with buffed tanks D.

Probably at least 3500 HP for the lane towers, 5000 for the inhibitor towers, and 10,000 for the two Nexus Towers. That way, you're not completely screwed over when you lose an entire lane and you have all 5 champions rushing through it. At least have the towers able to protect what they're standing in front of. If they were meant to protect me then I have no idea why there's one for each inhibitor and two for the nexus while I'm out running around in the lanes or standing on the spawn point.

Gigg

03-23-2010

If I am full health and an enemy hero tower dive me with no creeps, I will survive.
If you have 30% hp left and there is 2 hero coming with 3 creeps, you will get tower dived... Also, if a 700 AP burster 5 levels over you that instantly one shot you is near, you will die where ever you are and tower will only hit him twice before he kills you. Just learn how mechanics of the game works and stop QQing about towers. Yes, a physical carry will drop a tower in seconds. Therefore, don't let a physical carry alone with a tower. In fact, if you let anybody alone with a tower, it will go down pretty fast. It's great that way, cause it makes an obligation to def, which leads into more action, more fights, which is what make game awsome.

Only thing, pantheon can block tower hit. That is bullcrap. But I'm not in the good thread to talk about that.

/thread