Rune Page for These Tanks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheRealMcCoy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-23-2010

Alright. I love playing Tanks. I want to have a good rune setup that I can use with Alistar, Rammus, and Cho'gath. I was thinking

Health/Level Marks
Cooldown/ Level Glyphs
Dodge Seals
Flat Health Quints

but im really not sure. What do you guys think?

Hellz

03-23-2010

thats literally like THE worst setup you could possibly use...

TheRealMcCoy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-23-2010

What would you suggest then..

wildfire393

03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy View Post
What would you suggest then..
Don't listen to him, that actually looks pretty decent. The only thing is I might suggest Armor/level or MR/level over HP/level in Marks, even if it's not quite as effective. Cho'gath benefits more from Armor/MR due to the fact that he already has a ton of HP, and Rammus benefits more from Armor (and maybe soon MR) due to his passive.

Tofurious

03-23-2010

Runes I would say really depend on your play style and how aggressive you are during laning phase the 3 tanks you mention(alister, cho, n ram) imo are not really early kill champs so getting hp runes does not seem too useful. I figure that getting hp runes means you want to stay in the fights longer which equals more chances to kill enemy champs.

If you're a more conservative player runes that allow you to farm better, to stay in your lane longer, or give you a stronger lane presence are more effective. Runes that I think allow you to do these things are mana regen per lvl runes, and movement speed quints.

Mana regen per lvl runes are freaking amazing because it allows champs to keep spamming their skills. Now I will admit you wont notice much of a difference until you stack alot of mana regen per lvl runes but it is there. If you go for mana regen per lvl runes for your seals glyphs and quints you can achieve 42 mana regen per 5 seconds at lvl 18 in other words every time you lvl up you gain ~2.2 mana regen per 5. At lvl 4 you basically have a meki pendent. Some champions become ridiculous with these runes like blitzcrank and gragas. Blitz's passive which turns his mana into a shield will actually save you because of how full your mana bar is. Gragas can skill spam without mana worries to regen health. Last benefit of these runes is that you can basically for go the purchase of mana regen items meaning more gold spent on tank items.

The other runes I mentioned are the movement speed quints. I have not played with these as much as other runes but I have to say they rock for last hitting and gank attempts as a tank. I would say that getting last hits and gold as most tanks is difficult because of harassment but by reduce the amount of time you can be harassed reduces the risk. Last thing most if not all tanks have some kind of disable/CC but they're almost all short ranged. Closing the gap quicker most times is the difference between a kill and a failed gank.

Hope my thoughts on runes helped someone and sorry for bad grammer or mispellings anywhere i'll look through this reply again later.

TheRealMcCoy

Recruiter

03-23-2010

Hey. Thanks for the responses. Yall have given me some things to think about. I tend to go for the early assist when i can, and play pretty aggressive. But sometimes I overextend and get killed so I thought the hp quints would be helpful for that, but maybe something else would be better. I just played a soloqueue game as cho and went 0/0/7 (yay for james bond reference). I like the idea of mana regen/level because on cho i always get chalice, and on alistar i get mana manip _> soul shroud. I don't have rammus yet but know that I want to get him and play him. Anyone else got input?

TheRealMcCoy

Recruiter

03-23-2010

up, need more opinions!