Item gear for Fiddles

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gods Gift to LoL

03-22-2010

I need some help with item gear. What I normally get is all items that have magic penetration. Mask, Void staff etc. The reason is I read his ap ratio was horrible and the magic penetration items have ap added on them for a bonus anyway. I got called a noob because I didn't buy Mejai's. I'm trying to up my game any help is appreciated.

What about runes. If I have magic penetration for items do i get it for runes or do cooldowns or some other type.

Kinney

03-22-2010

I've played over 100 games with Fiddlesticks and won 70% of them. My rune setup is as follows:

Quintessences: MPen
Marks: MPen
Seals: HP
Glyphs: CDR

My typical item build with Fiddle:

Haunting Guise
Sorcerer's Shoes
Abyssal Scepter or Void Staff
Banshee's Veil
Void Staff or Abyssal Scepter
Deathfire Grasp

Mejai's on Fiddle is enormously overrated due to his lousy AP ratios. What you really want is magic penetration and cooldown reduction, and Mejai's won't do that for you unless you can get, and maintain, a full stack.

unR Mohrisbetter

03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Migra View Post
I've played over 100 games with Fiddlesticks and won 70% of them. My rune setup is as follows:

Haunting Guise
Sorcerer's Shoes
Banshee's Veil
Deathfire Grasp

Mejai's on Fiddle is enormously overrated due to his lousy AP ratios. What you really want is magic penetration and cooldown reduction, and Mejai's won't do that for you unless you can get, and maintain, a full stack.
Doesn't this make you a bit too squishy? Or with the extra penetration is drain able to keep you alive? Every time I build my fiddles without at least some defensive item (banshees, maybe even a guardian angel) I get focused fired down and dont even finish my ult. I usually do wait to ult until the right moment and usually dont ult into their full 5.

Jongx

03-23-2010

I have ~130 games w fiddle and I build very similarly to migra, only my glyphs are also MPen, and I take banshee's veil as my 3rd item (after guise/sorc shoes). The only other thing I'll say is you don't need MPen past what brings them to zero (since only MR reduction can bring them below zero, i.e. fiddle/amumu passive, soraka starfall). You don't need to be maxing MPen every game--instead just build enough to get them to zero (sometimes thats 2 items sometimes its 4)

edit: i take doran's ring as my first item w an hp pot, so

dorans ring
boots
guise
banshees veil

changes if I'm playing a pure physical team or close to it

dorans + banshees + 10 hp/18 runes is usually pretty decent survivability, obviously change build during game to what you need

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Migra View Post

Haunting Guise
Sorcerer's Shoes
Banshee's Veil
Deathfire Grasp

explain how he has "lousy" ap ratios.. no **** the ratios will be lower when all of his skills hit multiple times/multiple targets... crow hits for 700 damage lawl?

abyssal sceptre+void staff = waste.

i usually build up rod of ages sometime in the build, great mana, health(most importantly for fiddle), and damage.

Balonar

03-23-2010

I start with a Rod of Ages, it adds health, mana, and valuable AP. After I build the Catalyst used in the Rod I get Sorc's boots, then finish the Rod, get a soulstealer, then an Abyssal Scepter. Your runes+passive+Boots+Scepter is all the magic pen you'll need (~70 total), while supplimenting your DPS with AP and adding to your survivability.

Ferocious Mopes

03-23-2010

im no pro fiddle and just made this build on the spot but i do this... (oh and i jungle)

boots, a ward and a hp pot

catalyst and sorc boots if im forced to go back early if not then just RoA striaght out.

then depending on the team i get either Rylias then Banshees or banshees then Rylias.

then Abysal scepter.

so here it is

Sorc Boost
Rod of Ages
Banshees
Rylias
Abyssal Scepter

dont get mejais. go health and magic pen.

Eppa

03-23-2010

I don't see why people think fiddle has bad ap ratios his crowstorm has 2.0 ratio. I think darkwind has 5.4 at max lvl. You may not hit with the entire thing of either of these ability but its still a good ratio.

Sooo a roa is really good item have you thought about getting it?