Cabal Online shutting down!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Andromansis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2010

Well, its been a while since I checked up on the progress of the game. Quite frankly, since the game was localized, there hasn't really been much in the way of "updates".
So I go check it out, and OGPlanet is shutting down their services of the game. Press release available here : http://cabal.ogplanet.com/news.og?op=nview&num=2187

I had a level 127 force shielder, dude had 1500 defense. Was only like 3 billion alz worth of gear. Alas, he was never heard from again.

Tyson Azura

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2010

I feel for you. If that happened to Rappelz I'd be devistated.
:/

Andromansis

03-25-2010

Apperently EST Soft, the developer of the game, is taking over the publishing of said game in the states.
Don't know if this is good news or bad news, but truth be told, I'm not sure its possible to do a worse job hosting and moderating the game than OGPlanet did.
Sure, it had close to 100% uptime, but the customer service policies were terrible and you always always always had these stupid gold spammers in town that you couldn't block and sent out close to 100 messages per minute into trade chat.