Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Early game AP Shaco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fragglerock

Recruiter

03-23-2010

What exactly do you do early game?

First, I get golem buff. Then... join the lane and shiv people more than the average shivver?

It doesn't seem worth my time to make jitb nests because people are in their lanes most of the time. And jungling really doesn't seem very efficient given how long it takes early on, but is it better to do that because it gives your lane partner a little more solo time?

Lyta Reimalken

03-23-2010

Quote:
Zingledot:
What exactly do you do early game?

First, I get golem buff. Then... join the lane and shiv people more than the average shivver?

It doesn't seem worth my time to make jitb nests because people are in their lanes most of the time. And jungling really doesn't seem very efficient given how long it takes early on, but is it better to do that because it gives your lane partner a little more solo time?

It can be a tough time granted, but I tend to occupy myself with getting a bit of map awareness via traps all over, hop to a different lane, trap up a bush and get the lanes inhabitant to bait, if theyre on low health and running away to a bush, you may well find they'll get chased. Jungle denial is useful too but not altogether nessecary if as you say people stick to lanes. I find i get a lot more last hits by dropping a jitb in lane than trying to autoattack if im facing a pressure heavy lane too.
Its also worth bearing in mind that at the early stages you're talking about, you have very litle gear, and the difference between ap shaco and ad shaco is marginal at best, so you can still play like ad shaco for a level or two i find.

DamnPandaHands

03-23-2010

Place jitb's in the last part of the first grass furthest away from minions and get you and your lane partner to just go sit and wait. Eventually because people are stupid, they will guaranteeingly begin to push and at that point you have basicly won. They push past you to your tower, you jitb up towards the river and initiate on them, if they run, something will stop them. If they decide to enter the grass somewhere along the way, you get a free kill. Simple as that.