Alt + F4

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KuBaN

08-28-2009

So I accidentally hit Alt + F4 mid-game, and it quits the game I am currently in. No warnings, no questions, just straight back to the lobby. This is not a very fun feature. IMHO the functionality should be altogether removed, if not given some sort of warning dialog box.

Hootorama

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-28-2009

Alt+F4 is a Windows functionality to quit whatever program you're in/using at that time. So I doubt they can do anything for you there. Unless this is a troll post, then i'll just enjoy my pizza nom nom nom

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

08-28-2009

Wait, why did you decide to hit Alt + F4 now? It's pretty common knowledge that it terminates whatever application or window is in the front right now. Was it an accident or were you just trying out stuff?

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

08-28-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

you can reconnect to the game if you accidently alt-f4.

RiceMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Frank View Post
Wait, why did you decide to hit Alt + F4 now? It's pretty common knowledge that it terminates whatever application or window is in the front right now. Was it an accident or were you just trying out stuff?
Yea... :/ Unless someone fooled you into thinking that ALT+F4 was some cheat or a boost of some kind I don't know why you'd hit it.

toomad

08-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
you can reconnect to the game if you accidently alt-f4.
just start the "Leage of Legends.exe" in your game folder (standard is : "C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Game\League of Legends.exe") when you disconnected or closed the game while a match is running to do so.

BotanicVelious

08-29-2009

regardless alt+f4 should be programed to popup and say "shure you want to exit?"

Bianary

08-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootorama View Post
Alt+F4 is a Windows functionality to quit whatever program you're in/using at that time. So I doubt they can do anything for you there. Unless this is a troll post, then i'll just enjoy my pizza nom nom nom
You can intercept it. The only reason they wouldn't be able to was if the AIR system they're using doesn't let them.

toomad

09-01-2009

I thought the AIR is only used in the PvP.net