Using Sivir against mid Tristana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rezialn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2010

Hiya. As much fun as it is to just roll down the enemy team when I play Sivir, I have trouble fighting against Tristana over the middle lane in the beginning of the game. Any advice?

0rangeSoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-22-2010

I main trist, so i guess i could help a little
:| not much you can do as sivir:

oh when the enemy (any enemy) is highlighted by an orange glow/faint aura it means they are targeting you (with an ability) so trist orange usually means one thing: explosive shot (or auto attacks, but usually the former), so move back to avoid harassment, or draw them in and boomerang blade, i guess, and make sure you have enough health to survive a rocket jump -> explosive shot -> ignite combo kinda thing

Also with your boomerang blade, its important to realize that b4 you use it a large drop in your mana appears, so its pretty dam easy to dodge, but after you throw it, while it's returning you can move around and adjust its return path, you should also find out which way the player likes to dodge if they predict the path (left or right, or straight back) and fire it in that direction and watch them walk into it.

i'd actually rather not tell you more, in case i meet you ingame >_>, xD no hard feelings right?
but countering trist can involve a lot of watching all of the game elements at once, and knowing yours and her summoner skills

Blackstoise

Recruiter

03-22-2010

Countering her:
Skills:
1) Boomerang
2) Spell Shield (Now farm mana from her explosive shots, needs good reflexes though)
3) Boomerang
4) Richochet
5) Boomerang
6) Ult

Go grab a chalice, and push her back to her tower. Honestly, tristana is tough for sivir right now, with sivir's range nerf, but just use boomerang blade to farm and harrass, and try to spell shield her jumps/explosive shot/ulti. You just gotta try and damage her more than she damages you. If she ever leaves the lane, push fast by turning on ricochet, and try to take out the tower.

RamboBatman

03-23-2010

Tristana v. Sivir is one of the classic mid-showdowns. Neither really has a distinct advantage and both are among the top farmers in the game. It should really come down to player skills and teamate interference. As Sivir, there are two skills you need to master in order to hold your own against Tristana.
One, is spell shield. Trist is probably going to harass you with explosive shot. This will go one of two ways, one: you shield too early or too late leaving you down on mana and taking some DoT. Two: you use shield as the projectile is flying, leaving you full on mana and health. Personally, I'm slow which is a good reason for me to avoid playing Sivir. Effective use of shield is paramount for Sivir's survivability. If you're at low health a good Tristana will jump kill you with startling regularity.
The other skill, is boomerang blade. Its very simple to just throw boomerang out, hit every creep in a wave and maybe tag Tristana as well. Problem is, if you hit all those creeps first Trist really isn't going to feel any pain. If she has lifesteal of any kind she can pretty much ignore your attempt to harass. However, if you keep moving to the side of the creeps and boomerang at an angle you can try and tag Trist while avoiding at least the first row of creeps, this will increase the damage dealt and keep Trist on her toes. Of course, this becomes predictable, so its important to be constantly faking like you're going to throw.
As for actually killing Tristana, you're going to need help. Rocket Jump is just too effective an escape for a champion without CC to be able to kill Tristana. The key is to bait Trist into jumping at you, this is the only time she's really vulnerable. However, she's generally going to kill you before you can kill her so you need to have someone in the bushes ready to get at her back after she jumps at you. If she won't be baited, you're probably just going to have to settle for farming until teamfights start to go down.

OctopusDropkick

03-23-2010

1) Level up Boomerang Blade as much as you can.
2) One level of spellshield.

On hitting Trist with your Boomerang Blade;

1) Stay just out of Trist's attack range, hug just outside of it.

2) Produce a pattern of constant attack for a few seconds against a Creep. This is to force Trist to grow used to the visual effect of blades coming out of your character. She'll be less responsive when you throw an actual Boomberang Blade attack.

3) Pay close attention to your creeps HP counts. When a creep looks to be on the verge of death, Trist's attention will waver for a moment as the user focuses her clicking on the creep. This is your window to throw your blade.

YellowSnowsicle

03-23-2010

Feel free to harass at will with BB. AFAIK, you can actually spellshield the exploding shot's explosion from creeps.

jedininjaman

03-23-2010

I would say level one in boomerang one in spell shield then focus on ricochet w/ chalice. They will hit trist and over time they hurt badly

YellowSnowsicle

03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedininjaman View Post
I would say level one in boomerang one in spell shield then focus on ricochet w/ chalice. They will hit trist and over time they hurt badly
Except if I see a Sivir focusing on richochet while I'm playing trist, I'll feel free to harass her as hard as I want since her BB won't hit for any damage.

IrishDoom

03-23-2010

Playing as Sivir, I don't worry about kills on my opponent early. If they happen to do something stupid and allow me to kill them, that's great, but it's not my focus. All I want to do is outlast them in lane, and take advantage of when they head out to regen or shop and hit their tower hard and fast. Nothing is more discouraging to an enemy champ then leaving the lane just for a minute or two and watching me take their tower down with my ult and Rally.

Now, if I am facing a really aggressive champ who wants nothing more than to bring me down, I let them try, pop a health pot and rally, and win the head to head or at least chase them back to base.

Don't worry about numbers with Sivir, worry about pushing towers hard and fast.

Meehl

03-23-2010

I just try not to feed trist when I mid against her with sivir. That's my strategy. Once I get BB built up, I can push her back. I might skip the ulti at 6 to BB again.